Chapter Three

Mitch POV

"Go away!" I screamed at Trevor.

He just laughed as he slowly backed me into a corner. "But Mitchie, I want you."

"Trevor, I told you I'm not ready yet. I just want to go home." I whispered, a slight quiver in my voice. I'd never seen him act like this before.

Suddenly he lunged forward and grabbed me by the shoulders. I tried to scream but he shoved his mouth against mine roughly. I tried to scratch him but his grip on my shoulders was so strong I think it was cutting off the circulation in the rest of my arms. He pulled his mouth an inch away from mine, gasping for air, and I took the opportunity to scream again, but it was no use. He threw me to the ground and straddled himself over me, unbuckling his belt.

"Now for the fun part, Mitchie." He said, an evil smile spreading across his face.

I screamed again, this time louder than before.

"Wake up!" Trevor yelled, reaching down and shaking me. "Mitch!"

"Get off me!" I screamed, tears starting to flow from my eyes.

"Mitch! It's Scott! Wake up!" Trevor yelled in my face.

I blinked my eyes furiously, jumping up from that horrible nightmare. "S-Scott?" I asked looking around.

"I'm right here, baby." He whispered, his expression strained, like he hadn't slept in days. "Are you okay?"

I nodded, feeling drips of sweat forming on my forehead. "I'm fine." I whispered, the nightmare still fresh in my memory. "Just go back to sleep. I'm sorry for waking you."

"I wasn't asleep." He shrugged. He stared at me for a few seconds, his eyes softening as he looked at my face. "Can I sleep in here again tonight?" He asked.

I was hoping he'd ask. I needed him now more than ever. I nodded and he crawled into bed beside me.

"Do you want to talk about your nightmare?" He asked softly.

I sighed. "Was I saying anything to you?"

Scott looked thoughtful for a moment. "You were yelling at me to go away, and you were trying to hit me. I guess you thought I was someone else."

I nodded. "I'm sorry for hitting you."

He shrugged.

We laid in silence for the next few minutes before I slowly drifted back to sleep.

***

I awoke the next morning to nothing but silence. I rolled over, expecting Scott's muscly body to be beside me, but all I felt were sheets. I opened my eyes and noticed a piece of paper lying on the pillow he'd previously occupied.