Chapter Twenty-Three

Aaskfdjadf okay guys, I just finished writing the very last chapter in this fanfiction, and I actually kind of love it. Also, in case anyone is interested, I will be starting a new fanfiction (sorry to all the Scomiche shippers, but it won't be Superfruit related). I'm thinking I'm either going to do a Troyler one or a 5SOS one. I love both so whichever I don't do, I'll do at a later time. Feel free to comment which one of those you guys would rather read :) btw, I probably won't start posting the new one until I finish posting the remaining chapters from this one. Thank you guys so much for reading!

Scott POV

I'd been sitting with Mitch while he finished his macaroni. I could tell by his facial expressions that it must have tasted pretty terrible, but he ate it like a champ. He finished his cup of water and I automatically got up to refill it for him.

"Thanks," he sad as I handed it back.

His mood seemed lighter since Trevor had been arrested.

"You seem to be doing much better," I acknowledged.

He smiled slightly, "Yeah, I guess I was more stressed out than I realized. The fear that he would show up again was always there subconsciously, I just didn't realize it until it actually happened."

"He came in here?" I asked, although I already knew he had.

Mitch nodded, the light leaving his eyes for a minute. "I don't want to talk about that right now."

I nodded, "Okay."

"But if you're up for it, I think I'm finally ready to talk about what happened when he took me upstairs. I can't hold on to it anymore," he said, his expression suddenly serious.

"Yeah," I said, taking his hand. I don't know why I always did that whenever he was telling stories. I think it was mostly to remind me that while all these things have happened to him, he is alive and he is here with me. It makes me feel like nothing can ever happen to him again.

"Just stay calm," he pleaded.

I didn't respond, unsure of whether I would be able to keep that promise or not.

Mitch POV

He led me upstairs to his room. I could still hear Scott's yelling even once Trevor had shut the bedroom door behind us.

"God damn," Trevor muttered, "he's a loud son-of-a-bitch."

I didn't say anything. I was too scared. Trevor pulled a pocket knife out of the pocket of his jeans and cut the zip-tie from my wrists with one swift motion. He took my hands in his and leaned in to kiss me. Having no choice, I allowed it to happen, but I didn't kiss back.

He pulled away, giving me a confused look. "Kiss me back," he commanded.