Chapter Ten

Scott POV

Things had been great between Mitch and I since the Trevor incident. I think Trevor had stopped texting him and calling him, at least as far as I knew. Mitch still had his secrets, but I think he'd tell me if it was something of that importance.

I'd promised him that I'd let him work out the self-harm issue on his own, but every now and then I'd steal a glance at his wrists when he'd roll his sweater up just to make sure he wasn't slipping. I don't know what I'd do if he started cutting again. He was my happiness and it killed me to see him upset.

I looked down at him as we laid on the couch together, Mitch on top of me. I could feel his chest moving in and out slowly, making me think he was sleeping. I reached carefully for the remote on the coffee table and flipped on the tv.

"The Simpsons? Really?" Mitch murmured, his voice tired.

I laughed. "I thought you were asleep."

"I was dozing," he said, his sleepy voice the sexiest thing I have ever heard.

"I will let you sleep then," I said, pretending to zip my mouth shut and lock it.

Mitch rolled onto his stomach and then straddled himself over me. "Sleep can wait," he smiled, a seductive sparkle in his eyes.

"Oh?" I asked, going along with it.

He leaned down and slowly kissed me on the lips.

"God, I love you," he moaned as out lips parted briefly before finding eachother again.

As quickly as it began, it ended. Mitch's phone started ringing on the side-table right beside my head and it startled us both.

"Let it go to voicemail," He said, leaning in and kissing my neck softly.

"What if it's important?" I wondered, though not wanting to give this up quite yet.

Mitch sat up and moaned. He got off me and walked around to the side table, picking up his phone. He stared at it for several seconds, his face blank, before hitting the 'end call' button.

"Mitch?" I questioned.

He just looked at me, not saying anything. His lips parted as if words were about to come out but then his phone rang again, interrupting him before he'd started.

"Is it him?" I asked.

He nodded, still staring at his phone. "Should I answer it?" He asked.

I held out my hand, "Let me answer."

He handed the phone to me and I pressed 'answer'.

"Hello?" I asked, as if I didn't already know who it was.