Chapter Eight

Mitch POV

Dating the man of my dreams was absolutely incredible. We hadn't actually told anyone we were dating yet, but since it was most of the time just the two of us, that didn't matter. I loved him.

It had been almost two weeks since we'd begun dating, and in that time, I had stopped cutting and drinking, and Trevor hadn't stopped by again. Things were looking good. Scott was constantly telling me how gorgeous or sweet or amazing I was, and I can't say that I didn't like it.

This brings us to the day that Scott had to go to a meeting with the Pentatonix managers. Scott and Kevin were always the two to go to all the big 'important' meetings when it came to Pentatonix because, let's be real, they're the most responsible ones in the group.

"Are you sure you don't want to go?" He asked, picking up his sweater from the back of the couch.

I smirked. "To a boring meeting? No thanks."

"Are you going to be okay here by yourself?" He asked this every time he had to go somewhere. Sometimes even when he was just going to get the mail.

I nodded. "I promise I will call if I need something, now go. Don't be late."

He smiled and kissed me quickly on the lips. "I'll be back in an hour, no later. I promise."

And then I was alone. I honestly didn't like it when he left. The apartment was just so quiet whenever he wasn't here. I flipped the tv on and started going through the guide. Eventually I settled on Spongebob (as always). Wyatt hopped up on my lap and I lost myself in the episode, hoping to pass the time quickly.

It was almost 9, so I don't know why I was even remotely tired, but I was. I yawned and about halfway through the first episode, I began to doze off. I was in between being asleep and being awake when I heard someone put their key in the lock of the door.

It startled me awake and I checked my watch. Scott had only been gone 15 minutes, why was he back so soon? I bet he forgot something. I didn't move from my position on the couch when I heard the door open and then shut.

"Forget something?" I asked without turning around.

"Yeah." Answered a voice from right behind me, but it wasn't Scott's.

I jumped off the couch and turned to face the intruder, Wyatt scurrying away. "What the hell are you doing here?" I asked, my voice shaking profusely.

"We didn't get to talk much last time." Trevor answered.

I reached slowly into my pocket, putting my hand on my cellphone. "If you don't leave right now, I'm going to call the police."

"Call them," he encouraged. "I don't need more than ten minutes for what I want to do."

"Why won't you just leave me alone?!" I screamed, backing up half a step.