Chapter Thirty

Mitch POV

I got out of the shower and quickly rubbed a towel over my dripping body. I pulled myself into some comfortable sweats, careful to avoid touching any of my wounds. I ran my fingers through my wet hair and then walked out into the living room.

I couldn't help but smile when I saw Scott's large body sprawled out over the too-small couch. His left arm and leg were both hanging off the side of the sofa, and to top off the adorable-ness of the scene, Wyatt was curled up in a small ball on his chest. I quickly reached for my phone that was sitting on the table beside the couch and snapped a picture.

I couldn't enjoy it for too long, though, because I knew there was something I needed to do, and I needed to do it while Scott was asleep. These past few weeks had changed me. I was a completely different person, but in the best way possible.

Two months ago, I would've swallowed those pills without hesitation, but last night Scott was able to stop me. I was worreid that I was changing him, but in reality he had changed me into a person that I could almost be proud of. I walked slowly into my bedroom and picked up my wallet.

I checked my reflection in the mirror, although I immediately regretted it. I still had fading bruises and cuts all over my face, but I was too lazy to put on concealer. I decided just to ignore it this one time.

I slipped my feet into some slippers and was out the door, checking one more time to make sure that Scott was asleep.

Scott POV

I blinked my eyes a few times as they adjusted to the brightness of the afternoon. I heard music coming from somewhere, it sounded like a piano. I sat up and looked over at the piano bench, where Mitch was sitting and playing a simplistic rendition John Legend's 'All of Me' with his good hand.

"That sounds beautiful," I told him softly.

He jumped a little at the sound of my voice, but when he turned around, there was a smile on his face.

"Well good afternoon, sleepy-head," he greeted.

I chuckled and ran my hand slowly down my face. "What time is it?"

"Around 4." He answered.

"Four?!" I asked.

He nodded, still smiling. "Don't worry, you didn't miss anything excting."

"What have you been up to all day?" I asked, genuinely curious as to why he seemed to be in such a good mood.

He simply shrugged. "You know, the usual. I watched some Spongebob, ate some macaroni, played a little piano."

"Damn, I'm sad I missed that. It sounds like a wild afternoon." I said, a smile stretching across my cheeks.

"You're damn right it was," he answered, the sassy tone that had been missing for weeks finally returning to his voice.