Chapter Thirty-Nine

A/N Wow guys I am so sorry for making you wait 20 days for this crappy update. My computer broke and I actually had to mail it back to the manufacturer for them to fix it and all of my files were deleted. I still haven't gotten it back, though, so I'm currently updating from my tablet. I hope you guys don't hate me lol. But here is the final installment of An Intro to Superfruit. I hope you enjoy!

*Scott POV*

"The jury finds the defendant not guilty on the charges of kidnapping, assault and battery, and rape."

My jaw hit the floor as the man delivered the verdict. I literally couldn't believe what I was hearing. This bastard was about to walk free.

I stood up, all eyes turning to land on me as I attempted to restrain myself. I wasn't the only one, though. Several people in the court room stood up, gasps echoing through the audience at the shocking verdict. How could they possibly find him not guilty after all the pain he'd inflicted on Mitch and I? This can't be happening.

The judge's gavel came down and silenced the room. "Trevor Charles Ryan has been declared not guilty. Court adjourned."

Everyone began standing to leave, shuffling out slowly. None of their lives had been remotely affected by the situation, they were just eager for a good show. Mitch and I, however, were going to have to live in constant fear of what Trevor was going to pull next. As soon as Trevor had been lead out of the room, Mitch ran over to me, throwing himself into my arms.

"What are we gonna do?" He sobbed.

I stroked the back of his hair, tears beginning to form in my own eyes as the news attempted to process itself through my brain.

"I don't know," I answered quietly.

We were so wrapped up in eachother that neither of us noticed Randall approaching until he cleared his throat. Mitch jumped out of my arms and turned to see Randall standing beside us with the judge not far behind.

"This is Judge Erickson," he introduced.

The judge didn't extend a hand to shake, so I nodded slightly at him. He returned it.

"He has something he'd like to say to you."

The judge slowly cleared his throat. "I understand that you boys have been through a lot," the man said, his eyes falling on Mitch. "And I would like to help. If I could overthrow a not guilty verdict, I would, unfortunately I can't do that. What I would like to do for you, though, is issue you a temporary restraining order. This will be a court order making sure that Trevor Ryan never comes near either of you. You'll have to have another hearing in order to make it a permanent restraining order, but its better than nothing."

"Thank you," Mitch sniffled. "But I'm not sure that that'll be enough to keep him away."

"Well, if he ever comes within 100 feet of you, we'll have enough cause to put him away for good," Judge Erickson assured.