f i v e

It had been a week since Jace's crash landing. While he was enjoying living in the palace and spending his time with Clary, he missed Amelia more than he could properly express.

"So wait. How long will you be?" Amelia asked. Jace sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"I don't actually know. There's a lot of damage. I don't think I'll be much longer though." Jace said. He heard Amelia sigh.

"It's so boring and I miss you!" Amelia said. Jace sighed and chuckled.

"I'll be back soon Lia. Don't worry." He said.

"Hey, I gotta run. We'll talk later. Love you! Bye!" And Amelia was gone. He sighed and put the phone back on the receiver.

There was a knock on the door and he got up, opening it. Clary stood on the other side in a pale pink dress that reached her mid calf.

"Is it a bad time?" She asked. Jace shook his head.

"No, what's up?" He asked. Clary looked at him.

"May I come in?" She asked. Jace nodded slowly.

"Yeah." He said. Clary walked inside and looked at him.

"Do you know when Alec is bringing the plane here?" Jace asked.

"That's what I've come to tell you. Your plane has arrived." Clary said. Jace looked at her.

"What?" He asked.

"Your plane is here. You may go work on it." Clary said. Jace smiled and hugged her. Clary gasped and laughed as he spun her around.

"You are amazing. Oh my god you are the best." Jace said. Clary laughed and Jace put her down.

"Thank you Your Majesty. Thank you so much." Jace said. Clary smiled.

"It's my pleasure. I can take you to it. If you'd like to start working on it." Clary offered. Jace nodded.

"Okay! Let's go!" Clary said. She took his hand and led him down the hallways.

+++

"Your Majesty! This came in the mail." Magnus said, thrusting a letter into Clary's hands. She opened it and sighed.

"Magnus. I need you to start scheduling a gala. I need it done by the end of the week to be hosted on Sunday night." She said.

"Why is that Your Majesty?" Magnus asked.

"Charity event." Clary said. Magnus nodded.

"Of course Your Majesty." He said. Clary smiled and turned back to the letter.

"Magnus!" She called. Magnus appeared at her door.

"Yes Your Majesty?" He asked.

"Could you grab the mundane for me and bring him here?" Clary asked.

"Here? To your study?" Magnus asked.

"Yes please." Clary said. Magnus nodded and left. Clary sat there, officially signing invitations when Jace appeared.

"You asked for me Princess?" Jace asked. Clary looked up.

"Pardon?" She asked. Jace shook his head.

"Never mind." He said. Clary nodded and smiled.

"Anyway, we are holding a black tie gala event on Sunday night. Are you still going to be here?" Clary asked.

"Yes I believe so. Why?" Jace asked.

"Isabelle!" Clary called. Isabelle poked her head in.

"Yes Your Majesty?" She asked.