If I can, you can!

This is the second time I write an inspirational story. This is not one of my spoken poetry again as you can see but I prayed that God bless you by reading this.

-----

"You can make many plans, but the Lord's purpose will prevail"-Proverbs 19:21

I remember 6 years ago when I tried to lay out my plans and starts taking Bachelor's degree back home. I was sure that I would finish my degree on time, get a job, struggle, and live happily ever after, period. Though, I know too that my parents are planning to take us here to Canada, which I wasn't expecting to be so soon that I wouldn't finish school. Of course, it wasn't easy to go back to school, knowing that the Philippines are a small country and not recognize in a first country like Canada. I stop going to school and start working full time. Well, I tried convincing my parents to go back home to finish school, but because my family needs me at that time, I can't afford to go back. Besides, I wouldn't be able to use my degree back home here, so I pray to God for His plan. I was so disappointed in myself at that time because I almost almost almost give up going back to school and my dream to finish college. I am making enough money for myself, and that is fine, but life is so cruel, and I have to understand that what is enough today might not be enough for tomorrow. I tried to get all the requirements, pass it on to a college and after few months, not quite long, I got a replied as a waitlist. I wasn't expecting to get in so soon since it is a semi-government school, and it is tough to get in, but God's plan is always the best. Throughout all the years I spent learning from the school (even pandemic happens), I know that was never easy. I have to do part-time jobs to pay for my tuition, for all the miscellaneous and not to mention, I also have to pay my share of house expenses. Being a working student is not easy, but it is fulfilling especially that I know that God readies me for this greater plan. He doesn't allow me to have less but enough for me to give to my family and start my life. God's promise never lies; when He told you that He will start a new chapter in your life, hold for it and keep embracing that promise because He is a God who never leaves you nor forsake you. (Deut. 31:8). He will finish what He started. (Phil. 1:6) I'm so grateful to the Lord. He finishes what He started. Though it is not what I was expecting, He still gives me what He plans for me.

Anyways, thanks to all my social media and games that distract me when I'm in a class (just kidding, but really it is half meant). Thank you to my family, who encourages me. It helps me a LOT for real! Thanks to my church mates, employers, classmates, friends, colleagues, and everyone else who prayed to achieve my diploma. I love you, guys! I really appreciate the support and the love.

Your educatorSigning out (maybe log-in soon)
AR Ramos
Graduate in the Year 2021 (the year of vaccine)