So long, Helena -1

Voices.

Multiple voices were bouncing off the walls of my cramped apartment. It was the only thing I could hear. I was sitting on the rather old leather couch with the TV remote in my hand and just flipping through channels when I first heard them. They started off muffled and quiet. Now they were loud and I could hear each word clear as day.

"Mikey! Get off your lazy ass and help us!" One voice yelled.

"Gerard, I'm a little busy at the moment." Another voice called out.

The first voice scoffed at this and I bet that if I could see the person they would be rolling their eyes. "Doing what? Eating?"

This sentence was followed by the loud crinkling of paper and a loud yelp. "GERARD!" The second voice screeched.

A loud, rude, laugh echoed throughout the apartment and I couldn't help but wonder what the hell was going on. It's not like I was eavesdropping. They were being so loud they were drowning out the TV which was already on high volume.

"Come ON. Get up!"

"Gerard, if you would just-"

"MIKEY!"

A loud, earsplitting crack reached my ears and my hands instantly flew to my ears to try and block out the sound. It wasn't enough. It was followed by a screech that resembled the sound of nails being scratched against a chalkboard. I winced and the TV remote dropped from my hands. I jumped to my feet and padded over to the front door. I swung it open, not thinking twice about my outfit.

I was wearing an overlarge hoodie that made me feel like I was a twig and some old black jeans that had all kinds of different food stains. My uncombed black hair was swept to the side and tucked behind my ear and my bangs were lying loosely at the line of my eyebrows. My skin was white as a ghost and my grey, icy eyes added to the effect.

The sight in front of me made my eyes widen in shock. There was a guy who was about my age looking down in the general direction of his shoes, his eyes full of tears. He was wearing a black beanie and his brown, greasy hair was straight as fuck. I wish I could make my hair do that. My hands flew up to the matted rat nest that I didn't put any effort into this morning.

"Mikey, I'm so-"

"GET AWAY!"

My head snapped towards a figure who was standing a few mere feet away from me with their back turned towards me.

"Mikey-," The figure whimpered.

"I SAID GET THE FUCK AWAY!" The guy- Mikey- screamed, his head snapping up towards the figure. His eyes were full of anger and hatred and looked like they were about to pop out of his head. I flinched and took a step back from the doorway.

The figure gulped loudly and turned around and sprinted into the door next to mine. I kept my eyes on the door after he slammed it shut behind him, leaving me and the stranger alone.

"Hello?"

I quickly turned my head towards the guy with the beanie. He was staring at me with wide, glassy eyes. He was wearing thick-rimmed glasses that I hadn't noticed until now. I didn't say anything or even smile. I just stared at him with emotionless eyes .

That's when I noticed it. Mikey was standing over something. It was snapped in half and some sort of grey string was spraying above it like a fountain. It was a guitar. No, actually, it wasn't a guitar. It was a bass. My jaw dropped when I saw it. Several jagged lines were aligning the sides. This was what caused the loud screeching.

Mikey looked down at the instrument when he noticed me staring at it. He just wiped his eyes with the back of his hand and muttered something about killing someone named Gerard.