Chapter Twenty: Idiot.

——-

Starting Up....

——-

Loading...

——-

Sign In. Hotmail.

Inbox (2)

Don Davids

Um, WHY YOUR BUTT NOT O...

Molly Hooper

Midnight did is again. The pic...

——-

To: EMoriarty110@gmail.co.uk

Subject: Mother! Prepare the spare room!

I know it's been a lot longer than I promised, but I'm coming down to visit this weekend! I'll be there around lunch time on Saturday.

Bit sudden, I know. Sorry.

See you on Saturday.

Love you xxx

——-

Logging off...

——-

Shutting Down...

——-

Closing the laptop, Jim picks it up and carefully slides it into it's case. After zipping the case up and adjusting the strap, Jim places it by his bedroom door - not that he's likely to forget it, but still.

Then, he turned back to his suitcase and double checks everything he might need is there. Tops, jeans, underwear, beanies, a suit, contact lenses (and glasses just in case), phone charger and toiletries that he was able to pack now.

Happy that he wouldn't arrive and have forgotten anything major, Jim closes the top of the suitcase before laying it flat beside his laptop case.

Smiling to himself - he can't help it, he's a mummy's boy - Jim practically skips back into the living room, plopping down beside Sherlock who was just sat on the sofa reading some book that Jim didn't recognise as his own but knew Sherlock didn't arrive with.

"Hey," Jim grins at his kinda-sorta-boyfriend.

Sherlock returns the smile and puts the book down, pulling Jim into a tight hug as he buries his face in Jim's neck. While taken aback by the hug, Jim wraps his arms around the skinny detective and squeezes him.

He was only going for the weekend but they'd been spending so much time together lately that a few days apart seemed like a ridiculously long time.

When Sherlock pulls back, Jim raises an eyebrow.

"What was that for?" He asks, hand running down Sherlock's arm and squeezing.

"Well, you're going away for the weekend and..." Sherlock glances at the clock "You normally kick me out around now."

Jim pauses. They hadn't talked about this before.

Which was exactly Jim's issue - they didn't talk.

Swallowing, Jim tries to think of a response that wouldn't trigger another one of their stupid arguments. It was far too easy for them to get annoyed at each other, even if it never was serious and they made up quickly enough. Still, Jim would like to discuss this without wanting to slap Sherlock.

"You can stay if you like.." Jim trails off, speaking softly. Almost too softly, like you would an upset child. Oh God, he sounded like he was babying Sherlock...