Chapter 10: Broken Heart

"What do you mean she's dead!?" Link choked out.

"Our doctors just weren't good enough I suppose." The King said bluntly.

Links fists clenched into tight fists as tears stung his eyes. He couldn't believe it. The only woman he truly cared for was now gone from his life forever. He glared at Daphnes as tears began to stain his cheeks. Anger consumed him as he saw the uncaring face on him.

"You.." He hissed through clenched teeth. "You did this!"

The Prince charged at the older man, catching him off guard. His fingers wrapped around his throat and he pressed him against the wall with brute force. The Kings eyes were wide with shock as he stared his son in the eyes. Daphnes struggled to be free from his grasp but Link finally let go. He fell to the ground and gasped for air.

"You cretin!" He gasped. "Dark child!"

Link smirked and crouched down to a level. "You're a piece of shit."

The Prince kicked his father in the ribs and then walked briskly out of the room. He was getting out of this wretched place no matter what. For some reason, deep down he thought his parents may have changed after he left. He was surely wrong.

Tears filled his eyes once more as he thought of Zelda. Her beautiful smile, sapphire eyes, and blonde locks haunted his mind.

'My Zelda.. Gone..' He thought sadly. 'My poor innocent Zelda.'

Link managed to make it out of the Castle and to the stables without being found. He hopped onto Epona and patted her mane lightly.

"We're getting out of here girl.. And this time, for good."

Link snapped her reins and was off once more. He planned on getting as far away from that horrid place as possible.

-

"Wake up." A stern voice was heard.

Zelda groaned lightly.

"Wake up!" She gasped for air as the man kicked her in the ribs.

She opened her eyes and saw a guard standing before her. He grabbed her by the arm and pulled her hard, getting her onto her feet. She was lead out of the cell and gasped at what she saw. Standing before her were the other few prisoners. Every single one of them was a man and their ribs showed severely.

"I-I'd rather stay in my cell." She pleaded.

"Shut up!" The guard said as he threw her in the line.

One of the men at her side grabbed some of her hair and began to smell it. She gasped when the other man grabbed her leg and squeezed it. Her heart rate began to increase as fear took over. She was horrified at the actions of the men and even more horrified at what the others would do.

Just as they were about to touch her further a sinister voice was heard. "Silence!"

The men straightened up and instantly stopped touching her. Her legs shook uncontrollably with fear as she tried to stand. Zelda watched as a man came into view. Her eyes widened once she recognized who it was.

Ganondorf Dragmire.

His eyes scanned the line carefully and stopped on her. The frown on his face curved into a slight smirk.

"Well look who it is." He said amusedly.

Ganondorf walked to Zelda and stood over her. He raised his hand as if he were to slap her and she flinched slightly. When he didn't slap her, she gasped when he trailed a finger down her jawline.

"My my.. You have quite the features.." He purred.

He looked her over once more and then nodded to the guards.

"Return these mongrels to their cells."

His head indicated to Zelda and he spoke once more. "But leave her, she's coming with me."

The prisoners returned to their cells and Zelda watched as Ganondorf returned his gaze to her. Slowly he brought his lips to her forehead and kissed it gently. Anger began to boil inside her because of the games he tried to play games with her.

"We're going to have a wonderful time, beautiful." He grabbed her wrist and began to tug her to another room.

Her anger turned into panic as she realized what he meant.

"No! No! No!" She cried as he dragged her behind him.

Zelda knew what was going to happen. He was going to take advantage of her. Tears streamed down her face as he locked the door behind them. In the center of the room was a stone table that was coated with blood. Next to it, different kinds of torture instruments resided.

"Don't worry, we won't be playing with those.." He said smoothly as he twirled a strand of her hair around his finger.

"Don't touch me!" She screamed.

His fist struck her face with devastating force and she fell hard to the ground. The room around her spun and spun once she opened her eyes. The young woman's head throbbed from the punch.

"This will make you listen so much better." He chuckled.

His ran a strong hand through her hair and then trailed it down her body. He stood and towered over her like a dark cloud. His red eyes burned into hers. Zelda watched as Ganondorfs foot quickly made contact with her face.

Then, her world went dark.