Chapter 19: Wake Up Sleepyhead

A faint knocking was heard on the door, causing Link to stir slightly.

"Link?"

It was Zelda.

"Link? Link wake up! You're going to be late for your own coronation!"

Once he heard her footsteps once more, he pulled the blanket up to his chin and got relaxed once more. Just because it was his coronation, didn't mean he shouldn't get to sleep in. Just as he was about to drift off once more, his door burst open and in came two guards.

Link shot up and threw his blankets in shock, "A-Ah!"

As the the two men left, Zelda entered. She was garbed in her Princess attire that she discovered when they defeated Ganondorf a year ago. It seemed like it was only yesterday; The pair had been so busy since then. The restoration of Hyrule was what mattered most and just weeks ago they had succeeded in their task. She finally placed her hands on her hips and tapped her foot in frustration.

"Wake up Sleepyhead!" She said sternly.

"Gods, why do you look cute even when you're mad?" He groaned as he stood and stretched.

Zelda rolled her eyes, "Just get up and get into your clothes for today. This is an important day!"

He grinned and grabbed Zelda. "I know Zelda, I know." He placed a kiss on her cheek. "Oh, and you look beautiful.." Link purred as a smirk formed on his face.

Her face grew hot as pink began to form on her cheeks. "Th-thanks.."

The Prince smiled as she turned on her heel and walked out the now broken door. A smile formed on his lips as he chuckled lightly. His attention was then brought to his clothes for today. Link reached and grabbed the articles of clothing and finally got dressed. He now bore a green long sleeved shirt that had golden trim. The pants he wore were an off white and somewhat tight. His shoulders were covered with golden plates and connected across his chest with small gold chains. The Prince grabbed his cape and tied the strings around his neck. The cape was gold and had the crest of Hyrule in the middle of it in black. Finally he walked to his dresser and grabbed his crown. Slowly he placed it on his head and sighed lightly. He never thought he'd have to wear this ever again, but he knew this is what he had to do. He pulled his bangs out from under the headpiece and they draped over it slightly.

"Well, this is it."

Link pulled on his brown boots and gloves and walked out the door. Once he entered the dining hall where Zelda was scurrying around he blushed as she immediately stopped what she was doing to look at him.

"Wow.." She breathed as she made her way over to him.

"You look so handsome!"

"Oh hush.." He said shyly.

Zelda placed her palms on his cheeks and pulled his forehead down to her lips. She flashed him a stunning smile and then released him.

"I'm so happy you decided to do this Link. The citizens of Hyrule are going to adore you!"

Link sighed and wrapped his arms around the princess, pulling her into his chest. He squeezed her gently and leaned down to nuzzle his nose into her neck.

"You gave me strength, Zelda." He whispered gently.

Her face grew hot as a small smile played on her lips. Once Link removed her from his chest he brought his lips quickly to hers and pulled back. Then without saying another word he spun around and walked out of the room, leaving Zelda in a stunned state.

-

The town clock struck noon as the large bell within it was struck 3 times. Links coronation was ready to begin. He resided behind closed doors, pacing back and forth. He was extremely nervous but not about becoming King, he had a different subject on his mind.