Chapter 6- " You will never know until you go"

Malhotra's Farmhouse: 15th July Friday: 2:15 am:

A knock on the door halted Manik. He rose from Nandini's loose lying body. Nandini too got up and tried to adjust her kurti but unfortunately, it was torn woefully and hardly could cover her assets.

"I am sorry. You go inside the bathroom and get changed."

Manik said in a low repentant voice. He headed to the cupboard and took out a shirt of his. Nandini barely covered her chest with her hands and came closer to get the shirt.

"I am sorry"

Manik again murmured and looked into her eyes. Nandini blinked once and firmly said,

"You need not be. I know you love me and respect me. It was just a weak moment and I am equally accountable for that. Now open the door. See who is so jealous to disturb us in our private moment."

She grinned and stormed to the bathroom leaving a bewildered Manik behind. Manik opened the door and exasperatedly saw that Cabir was standing with a perplexed expression. Manik growled and said,

"What the hell brings you here? Don't you have a watch? Doesn't it show time? It's almost 2:30 and if you remember we have a plan for a road trip tomorrow."

Cabir pouted and said meekly,

"I know but it is a life and death situation. Can I come in?"

Needless to say, he didn't wait for Mannik's permission and got in through the narrow passage between Manik's body and the doorframe. Manik gave him a 'U are unbelievable' look and came closer.

"Care to tell me what is the life and death situation so that you couldn't wait for the morning?"

Manik said annoyingly.

"I want to do but I can't do."

Cabir said desperately.

"You want to do but you can't do. Wait a minute, what rubbish are you talking about? Say clearly"

Manik became restless and said.

"Do you have protection?"

Cabir shot. For a second Manik startled,

"Protection? What protection? What do you mean by that?"

He said in hesitance.

"Protection, birth control, condom. Do you have? I thought you must have planned something as I know what your condition was during Nandini's dance."

Cabir said in a cool manner. Manik was taken aback for a moment but in a blink of an eye, he pounced on Cabir and grabbed his neck.

"You moron, you have come over here, at 2:30 in the night just to ask for this shit? I will kill you fucker."

Manik said and jerked Cabir.

"Wait, wait... I am the only son and support of my parents. Don't make them orphans at this age. I thought you and Nandini are in a room together, so you can help me out."

Cabir raised his hands in a surrender gesture and said in a pretentious meek voice. Manik paused and left him with a bright smile.

"You dog, one day I will be the reason for your death for sure."

He said and ruffled his hair with affection.

"But wait a minute, how do you know we are together? She was supposed to stay in a separate room, as was discussed downstairs. It was my afterthought to get her here....... "