Chapter 17 - " It's not..safe...Anymore."

In the house: 15th July Friday: 10:45 pm:

"Keep....her.. hands.......open."

"But...she is...quiet smart....what if...she tries to.....escape again."

"Then break her.....legs."

Multiple words hushed in the gloom.

"Where am I?"

Nandini thought like an unclear dream. Though she tried, but couldn't open her eyes. The whispered words became clearer......a beacon in the darkness.

"Her knee is injured. She can't go far."

"That's why I could grab her so easily that her other mates couldn't realise."

"Why did you let them go, Boss? You could easily catch them."

"I couldn't take that risk because one of them had your gun in her hand. Who knows, she might know its use. At this point, I can't afford any bloodshed. But anyhow we will capture them again. They can't go further. This jungle is a labyrinth to them. "

"I am sorry Boss. But I think we are underestimating these girls. The way they knocked me out...."

The voice sounded meek.

"That is not their smartness rather your stupidity. And this could be your last chance to compensate for the loss. Otherwise, you know me."

The voice hissed.

"Anyway, I have chloroformed her. She must sleep for a couple of hours. I am keeping her in my room. You get me the walky-talky. I need to talk to Maddy."

Nandini felt two strong hands pick her up and rested her on a broad shoulder. Her numb body was swaying along with his stride. Again unconsciousness claimed her.....stealing her away from the surrounding.
....................................

In the jungle: 15th July Friday: 10:45 pm:

"I can't think further. Nandini is missing. We can't find out our jeeps. How could we get out of this scary jungle? Even if we can, how could we go without Nandini? What will Manik say to us?"

Navya sounded hapless. They were standing at the place where they left their jeeps. However, there were no traces of them now.

"Relax Navya. We will find her out. Now we have the compass and walky-talky. We can contact the boys as well as the police. I am sure we will find a way out."

Aliya tried to convince Navya, though she herself was hell unsure.

"But how did Nandini vanish like camphor? What if Tonny captured her again? We should have searched the house before coming here."

Navya again whined.

"And what if we all got captured again? The only hope also would have left us. At least we are free now to think about searching her, to get out of this place, to seek help."

Mukti mouthed in vexation. She was also tensed like hell but Navya's continuous nagging was irking her. Suddenly Aliya pulled Mukti's forearm. The starry sky above them was trying gloomily to fade the darkness. The chirping of wild unknown insects, the smooth sound of dropping dew drops on the leaves, the petrichor and the moist breeze were creating an uncanny fear in their mind. Mukti whispered,

"What?"

Aliya's torchlight was fixed on a thing carefully camouflaged by wild climbers and leaves.

"A bike."

Aliya mumbled. Her torchlight traced on its entire frame.

"Oh my God. I don't believe this. There is actually a chance to get out of here."