Chapter 18 - "Too much cunning overreaches itself."

In the jungle: Mahindra Thar:15th July Friday: 10: 30 pm:

"How long do we have to wait? These mosquitoes are like vampire bats. Till now they have sucked almost a litre of blood from my body."

Cabir complained when smacked his forearm. However, it couldn't be seen whether he became successful or not to kill the tiny bloodsucker.

"Quiet. Bro. We all are suffering because we don't have any other choice but to wait."

Aryamaan mumbled when stretched his back to release its stiffness.

"God knows our wait will be fruitful or not. Guys, why don't we try to contact the police? Is it ok to entirely rely on the forest guards? What if they couldn't find us or if they don't have enough manpower to square up to these smugglers?"

Abhimanyu put his view.

"I have already tried zillion times. But it seems that this walky-talky range reaches only a certain distance. Maybe it works only amidst this forest."

Manik said reluctantly. He was lying supine on the car bonnet.

Suddenly Devid made a sound from his gagged mouth.

"Boo....booo...."

"Now what happened to this Jumbo?"

Cabir sounded irritated.

"Hmm.....hmmm...booo..."

Devid again whimpered.

"Untie his mouth."

Manik ordered and passed the pistol to Dhruv.

"But put this on his head. Don't make a sound Devid. He can pull the trigger too."

Manik added with a cold voice. Dhruv pulled down the hanky from Devid's mouth.

"Water..."

Devid whispered meekly. Cabir grabbed the bottle kept under the seat and pour some water into his mouth. Devid kept on gulping until the entire water finished.

"Is he a hippo or something? He finished all the water in one go. "

Cabir said with rolled eyes. Dhruv again tried to gag Devid when he said,

"I need to pee."

"What? Do we seem to you as your bum-chums or you are in your in-laws' house that you are throwing your tantrums? Do you now want me to make you pee as a baby? Shut your mouth and hold your pressure."

Cabir growled.

"I can't. It's almost busting."

Devid cried.

"Then do it here only."

Cabir said rigidly while Aryamaan scrunched his nose in disgust.

"What are you saying, Bro? How can he do this here? Shit. One of us has to escort him. Untie his legs and let him release in the bushes."

Aryamaan suggested. Dhruv untied Devid's legs and made him get off the car while his hands were still strapped. Cabir escorted him. Devid staggered to the nearest bush and looked at Cabir with helpless eyes.

"God, what am I doing? Navya will commit suicide if she watches this."

Cabir almost cried and pulled down Devid's pant zip. Suddenly a bright light dazzled everybody's eyes. Simultaneously a bike's engine sound shattered the silence of the forest. Within a blink of an eye, all guarded themselves behind the Thar.