Chapter 12 - "Between Scylla and Charybdis."

Inside the house: 15th July Friday: 9: 10 pm:

"Welcome Rockstars..........!

A voice startled them. Two silhouettes appeared in the door.

"This is called curiosity killed the cat. We were searching for the kittens and here all are they. Ha, ha, ha."

The hellish laughter echoed in the room. A bright torchlight spotted them one by one. All of them moored in their places. It seemed somebody snatched the power of their reflex. Only Nandini rushed to Manik and snuggled to his chest. Her safest shelter.

"Maddy, call Devid to start the generator."

One of the guys commanded.

"I have already told."

The man named Maddy replied. Suddenly a rumbling sound came from downstairs. Maybe the generator started. The guy Maddy touched something on the sidewall of the door. The sound of clicking illuminated the darkroom. The light was not very bright but it dazzled their eyes after long darkness. FAB 5 and Fusion 4 saw the same two people; they had a brawl in the petrol pump.

"FAB 5 and Fusion 4, S.P.A.C.E Academy's students and amateur singers cum musicians. Adventurous, fearless but sometimes unnecessarily curious. Was going on a road trip but.....BUT, unfortunately, messed with us. Tch.....Tch...Tch. Moreover tried to run away and accidentally or unintentionally entered into the devil's den. How bad luck. But Maddy, their bad luck turned into our good luck indeed. The entire day we were searching for these little pigeons and they are nibbling on their grains here. Ha...ha...ha."

The guy whom Manik had punched in the petrol pump almost dissected their entire character and the past day in a light tone but the venom hidden in his every word was felt by all.

"How do they know so much about us? Who are they Dhruv? What kind of problem we have landed in?"

Aliya whispered in a shaky voice. Till then everybody realised that it is not going to be a mere introduction session for them. However, nobody wanted to lose their courage and didn't want to show their panic-stricken state of mind. Maddy heard Aliya and said in a casual tone,

"Don't load your brain, honey. It was very easy for us to know about all of you. But it will not be easy to know about us for you. So let me do the honour. He is Harry aka Harshad and I am Madhyam, preferably known as Maddy. Your host in this house. And I promise we will not leave any stone unturned to entertain all of you. By all means."

Maddy's eyes glared with a diabolic intention.

"Look that was a misunderstanding. We know, we should not have hit you. And we are sorry about that. But it can be solved by discussion."

Suddenly Nandni withdrew herself from Manik's hold and stepped forwarded to Harry by saying this.

"What kind of discussion do you want, beautiful? Open or in private? I don't mind for the latter."

Harshad said in a lewd manner and traced his fingers on Nandini's cheek.

"Don't dare to touch her"

Manik growled and tried to give Harshad a bunch of five. But this time Harshad was alert to be hit again and moved his face on the other side. For a moment Manik couldn't manage his balance and Harshad grabbed the chance to push him on the floor.

"Manik",

Nandini screamed to her highest and tried to rush towards him just to be yanked by Maddy. All the other boys were about to retaliate when 4-5 other guys appeared in the room. Manik hit his head on the floor. For a second he experienced a blackout. Harshad came nearer to him and hissed,