Chapter 14- " Dude, we are screwed!"

In the stable: 15th July Friday: 9: 40 pm:

"We can't hide here for a long. The man Tonny will surely start to search for us whenever he finds the room empty. As the boys are out now we don't have to bother for them. At least for some time. Instead, we can get out of here and try to contact the police."

Mukti suggested in a low tone. All 4 girls were sitting behind a haystack kept in the dark stable.

"We can't because the moment Tonny finds us missing, will surely inform his gang and that would be dangerous for the boys. I have a better suggestion if you all are ready to execute."

Nandini said.

"I think she is right. Our escape might turn the situation more complicated. Tell Nandini, what is your plan?"

Navya asked in an excited tone.

"We have to stop the guy informing his gang about us and that is only possible if we can subjugate him. See, we are 4 and he is alone. If we plan and act smartly we can take over him."

Nandini said and waited for others' reactions.

"Sounds sense. But we have to be very careful. He has many advantages as compared to us like he is armed, he has more knowledge about the house than us and moreover, he has a criminal mind unlike us."

Mukti sounded worried.

"But we have a smarter mind and a stronger determination. We can do this. I have intuition girls. Let's not waste time."

Aliya said with a determined tone. All got up to enter the house once more when Nandini said,

"Wait. Aliya. Give me your scarf. I have to tie my knee. It will lessen my pain."

Aliya gave the scarf to Nandini and pecked her cheek.

"Nandini, I am really impressed to see this side of yours. I always found you a delicate doll but actually, you are far stronger than us."

Aliya said and lent her hand to her.

Nandini smiled and stood up with its support. All stealthily came out of the stable. Now the pitch-dark surrounding became little bearable for them. They stepped into the house once more. The room where they were kept was still closed. No trace of the man called Tonny.

"Let me check the room. You all wait here."

Mukti said and tiptoed towards the closed door. The hall was looking scary and spooky in the dim light coming from the room upstairs. Mukti found the door locked from outside by a door bolt that means 'the room is empty.' She thought loudly. She beckoned the other girls to come near the door.

"No one is here. It is locked from outside."

Mukti whispered.

"Shit"

Nandini's low tone alarmed all.

"That means he already came to know about our sneak out. Remember we didn't lock the door from outside when we came out. Then who locked it? And I am sure the man who locked it must have checked the room before locking it."

Nandini's words sent a cold wave to their spines.

"That means we have very lass time to find him out before he contacts his gang. In that case, we have to split and try to find him individually. Navya you stay with Nandini and search the rooms downstairs. She can't go upstairs nor should be left alone. I and Aliya are going upstairs."