Chapter 6.2 [Crossed Roads]

*Kihyo’s POV*

 Hours earlier...

“Mwo(what)?!?!” I shouted in disbelief after hearing what G9 said.

G9 and his gang is the one whom I trusted to search for the culprit that killed my father. Wonder why I chose them? Well, actually I didn't. I didn't choose them. You know you can’t choose if you don’t have any options. If I hire a private investigator, my uncle would probably know it. And if he reaches the news then he’ll make the investigator’s life turn into a hell like one. Then later on, that investigator will stop doing his services for me.

No one believes me. Not even a professional lawyer would stand for me that’s why I’m doing this all by myself. If that old uncle of mine would just back off and stay out of my life then it would be easy for me. I know he wouldn't do it if he wasn't asked by my step dad to do so before he got into his deep sleep. Ugh. Why can’t they just let me do this? I thought it will be easy because Abeoji is in comma.

“We thought he wasn't the person you’re looking for.” G9 answered with a straight voice. He started lighting up his cigarette. He’s with 3 more guys which are D9, K9, and Z9. They’re wearing all black. G9 has a sun glass that is why I can’t see his eyes. He’s always wearing it and I never saw his eyes.

“Then who told you to let him free?” I said raising my eyebrows. I know they can’t hurt me because I pay for them so I have the courage to raise my voice too.

“Ugh, no one told us. We just think it will be just a waste of time.” K9 answered. He’s the right hand of G9 but the hell I care. I’ve been enduring their stupidity for a year now. 

Ugh. These guys are just making me crazy. “Next time don’t you dare make a move without consulting me, arasso(get it)?” I said.

“Ara(i get it)! The money!” G9 shouted a bit. He throws away his cigarette and stepped on it.

I sighed first then give them the briefcase and said, “It’s just half of the money we agreed. You know that you didn't do your job well so don’t ask why it’s like that.” I didn't wait for their answers and walked away from them. I heard their motorbikes started after I took a few steps.

I was looking downwards and I put my right hand inside my pocket and the other is left hanging when suddenly I saw this girl. She’s the girl in Cafioca who is peacefully reading “Peter Pan”. For a second, I felt something good. I don’t know why. I can’t explain the feeling. Our eyes met but I looked away immediately. I don’t want to be awkward with her so I walked pass her.

I don’t know where to go now. It’s Saturday and I’m in Seoul. Those guys told me to meet them up and now their giving me bad news. They said that they found a guy that might help in the searching but they let him free because of the thought that they think that he was just a waste of time ugh, those stupid gangsters really.

My feet sent me to Viva Polo. Wonder why? Well, it’s the only place where you can stay for the whole day without asking for payment and that is what I need. Even if you don’t order there, you won’t be kicked out of the shop. As I open the door, I felt warm.

“Waaa..” I said as I rubbed my arms to keep it warm.

I sit in the right corner of the shop. I looked down on the menu. Yes, I’m going to order now because its lunch time and I’m hungry too. I usually go here because they cook Italian foods here and that’s why I love it here. They also sell sweet rice cakes in here.

“Mmm, let me see. Italian spaghetti rice cakes maybe.” I said then raised my hands to call the waiter.