°Chapter Two°

The date is taking place in the West End. Although, Dan is currently worrying about where the couple will end up...since the streets are packed with other couples. Everywhere Dan looks he sees a wave of faces, girls and girls and boys and boys.

But he doesn't see her face.

He knows that going to watch a musical on a date isn't the best idea, nor is going to watch a show of any type on a empty stomach. Dan also thinks that they don't need anymore restaurant dates anyway. He wants to spice up the dating game, only he doesn't know how. Especially on a busy evening like this...

Dan hold's his gift bag tightly while he looks around in nerves. He feels like a teenager in love again, the butterflies in his stomach are fluttering like mad. They appear every single time when he is about to see his date, it's like a automatic car changing gears.

But that's when he sees her heavenly face through the crowd of people.

His date has mouse coloured hair, neither brown or blonde. She also has pretty brown eyes, and an angelic like complex. Dan considers himself a lucky guy for a girl like her to even consider about Dan, but in a round about way she loves him back. Or at least that's what she's convincing herself...

"Valentina!" Dan calls out her name. Majority of the people walk past him looking weirded out. They don't automatically presume he's calling out someone's name. Although, a gay think he's saying happy Valentine's in another language. So they shout back 'Valentina' in unison, with rosey cheeks and wide smiles. This humours Dan and Valentina, who is now within earshot.

Dan then lowers his head with a smile in embarrassment after they both wink at Dan. Valentina on the other hand stands in front of Dan with her arms crossed, she isn't the type of girl who likes showing romantic feelings in public. Dan knows that, so that's why he holds back from wanting to give her a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Didn't I tell you never to say my name on Valentine's?" She jokes while Dan sobers up from laughing. He looks at her with stars in his eyes, Valentina is quite used to it by now though.

"S...sorry" Dan stutters.

Dan hasn't seen Valentina wear such an outfit before, so it's no wonder as to why he is speechless.

To Dan, Valentina looks like she's about to watch an opera performance. She wears a silk figure hugging long dress, it's a magnificent vibrant red. To go with the theme of her shiny outfit, Valentina also carries a black clutch with one hand. A long cigarette holder in the other. The only thing keeping the dress together is a bow on the side of the low cut dress.

"You scrub up well, is it only because it's Valentine's?" Dan doesn't know how to answer that question. It completely throws him off of his train of thoughts. He always puts a lot of effort into how he looks when he wants to impress someone.

Before Dan can possibly answer Valentina cracks a smile. "I'm joking. You always look nice." Dan sighs in relief. It's not every day a guy like him gets lost for words.

"Anyway..." she says with a smile before taking a puff of her cigarette.

"What are we going to do tonight? That end of the street is completely packed, I don't know about that end." She nods her head in the direction Dan has just came from.

"Seriously?" Dan asks annoyed with himself. He wouldn't of thought the lower class end of West London would be busy, all of the guys and girls are out to leave an impression on their loved ones.

"But you've made reservations for somewhere, right?" She likes the expensive things in life.

Dan goes to shake his head, since it's the truth. But he sees Valentina looking somewhat disappointed, Dan doesn't want her to get all dressed up for nothing. "I have a reservation for that restaurant..." Dan's voice wearily trails off while Valentina excitedly turns around.

Her eyeballs almost nearly burst out of her head in sheer delight and total disbelief. "No way!" She literally jump up and down on the spot. She knows of that precise restaurant well.

She follows a lot of celebrities on Instagram.

"No way!" She repeats again while Dan awkwardly smiles. Of course he feels awful for lying, but the damage has already been done. He cannot exactly take what he said back.

"Don't you know how big of a deal that is? You got us a reservation...in the most exclusive restaurant...on Valentine's Day. I'm so going to marry you and have your children. Oh my god!" She's in shock, although she doesn't think about how Dan would've had to book a year or two in advance for it.

Dan just smiles, after all smiling is all the guy can do. Dan then quickly gets out his phone out of his blazer pocket while they slowly walk towards the theatre part, it's not the place where either of them wants to be.

On his phone he texts Mark Crew, Bastille's producer. He basically is the secret fifth member.

- Do me a favour and call me in 5 minutes. Pretend that you're a waiter for 'Starlight'. You know that posh restaurant in the West End...I need to you say "your reservation has been cancelled". I'll literally send you fifty quid.

Dan sends the message and waits for a second or two. Mark on the other hand, while having a quiet night in with his family, checks his phone and laughs. Mark feels the same way as Kyle and the rest of the Bastille lads about Valentina, although he does want Dan to be happy. So he'll call Dan up pretending to cancel a non-existent reservation.

"Is that for me?" Valentina asks while she points to the gift bag that Dan forgot he was holding.

"Oh shit..." Dan says with a smile hanging it out towards her. "Yes it is, sorry about that." Dan puts his phone in his jean pocket.

"Wow, there's a lot of things in here..." Valentina says in shock as she peeps into the bag.

"I know I went overboard...but it's Valentine's."

"That reminds me of what I got you...hold this for a sec." Valentina gives Dan her gift bag back. He confusedly holds it in silence while she opens her clutch. With her cigarette holder placed in between two fingers, she elegantly snatches out two pieces of white paper and hands them to Dan. She then takes the gift bag back and puts her clutch into the bag. It's only then that Valentina relates the cute looking bag is attached to expensive love heart balloons. That makes her smile.

"Jesus Christ!" Dan says with a massive smile.

"Do you like it?" Dan frantically nods his head.

"I've always wanted to go to one of these. But an orchestra version of Requiem For A Dream...how did you know?" Valentina taps her nose before they both laugh.

"I'll open mine up at dinner."

Oh god - Dan thinks to himself.