°Chapter Four°

"That waiter who rung you up was such an arsehole, how can they cancel your reservation?!" Valentina whispers while she clings onto her cigarette holder for dear life.

She needs something to calm her down.

Both Valentina and Dan sit on the edge of a fountain, watching while everyone walks past them hand-in-hand.

"Forget about the reservation..." Dan's voice trails off while he tries to think of something fun that can do. "Do you want to go bowling or something? There's an alley not to far from here. They also have karaoke nights..." Valentina looks at Dan in total disgust.

She's never been the bowling type of girl. In fact, she's wholeheartedly offended by Dan's kind offer. But he doesn't know how much she despises the thought of putting her recently manicured fingers into the holes of the bowling ball.

'It's disgusting'.

"Why don't we go and watch a show? No doubt one is about to start." Valentina turns on her phone screen quickly, not only does it reveal a selfie of herself as the wallpaper, but the time.

It's coming up for nine o'clock. "Or we can go back to my place and think of something to do? I mean...we still need some food, right? Do you like Indian food? There's this amazing place which does wicked chicken korma's." At this point Dan now wants to eat. Eating is better than twiddling his thumbs and doing nothing.

Valentina throws her eyes back before she smiles looking at Dan, she knows exactly what they both want. "Or we can do something better than eat chicken korma..." her voice trails off with a mischievous smile. Dan looks confused, but only for a second. Valentina glances down at Dan's lap, with a smile on her face. She laughs in hysteria as Dan's eyes widens before blushing pink. She finds it cute that a guy like Dan still acts like a teenager in love.

"I don't have a condom." Dan whispers. It's not because his embarrassed, he just doesn't want anyone else to hear about his sex life.

But it's safe to presume he regrets not picking Kyle's 'gift' up off of the floor.

"Are you seriously going to ruin the mood?" Valentina throws her eyes backwards.

"What mood?" Dan is confused. He feels more distant from Valentina than ever! How can this possibly be a mood?

Valentina doesn't reply. Instead, she takes the cigarette out of her holder and throws it on the floor. Crushing it with the bottom of her red Versace shoe.

"Just pull out." Dan feels uncomfortable. He's never went without protection on his first date, he never would've thought he ever would. Dan is a guy who makes sure he's one hundred comfortable with the person...before he thinks about pulling out.

"You don't have any..." Dan cuts himself off while scratching his head. He doesn't want to offend Valentina, especially if she doesn't have any std's. He's clearly agitated about the idea

"Do I look like someone who sleeps around?" Dan shakes his head. Valentina doesn't struck him as one of those girls, no.

She then smiles again. It's way less mischievous than before though, which is reassuring for Dan. "Are you on the...pill?" Dan finds this whole conversation awakes. He just needs to know that everything is okay just so he can stop worrying and enjoy his valentines night.

"Never mind about what I'm on, or not. Let's just..." Valentina wants to kiss Dan again, but she doesn't want to be rejected. So she awaits for him to make the first move.

"I'm gonna to go to the shops..." there's nothing actually preventing Dan from buying protection, he's just not sure if he should. Especially since Valentina really isn't bothered. Dan's only worrying because he's never pulled out on a girl who isn't on the pill.

"No you're not." She laughs before moving closer to Dan. She's so close that her thigh is more or less leaning on Dan's, their faces are close too.

"You still haven't opened your presents..." Dan awkwardly says while Valentina shrugs.

"I've got all the time in the world to open up them." Dan laughs to himself, only because it doesn't make any sense.

"Does that mean you've got no time for me, huh?" Valentina closes her eyes at her mistake. She didn't mean to say that, the words just...slipped out.

Valentina shakes her. She falsely smiles, but Dan takes it as a real one. "You know what I mean..." - her voice lightly trails off - "like Valentines Day is almost over. It won't be less meaningful or whatever...but I'm just tired of feeling lonely. Especially every single year on this night." Dan nods his head, he understands feeling lonely, and especially jealous of his mates.

At least this year he has someone special.

"Hey..." Dan whispers while Valentina tearfully look away. Only he doesn't know the exact reason why she's tearing up. It's not because of love.

Caught up in the moment, both Dan and Valentina endlessly look at each other. Dan places his hand on her soft cheek and their heads automatically lean closer.

The couple close their eyes and let their mouth do the 'talking'...