Await

"Natsu-nii!" (Y/n)'s (h/c) and pink hair swished with every step she took towards her brother, "Wait up!"

Natsu was halfway through the door before he turned to her with a softened expression. He kneeled down to catch her in an embrace, and tearfully, she bid him goodbye once more. Natsu and some of the other stronger members of Fairy Tail were going to Tenrou Island for the S-Class trials. (Y/n) was six years too inexperienced to participate, at least that's what Master Makarov liked to say. In other words, she was just too young. That was valid, but she couldn't wait to grow in strength and older in age. (Y/n) wanted the same opportunities as her brother and friends!

"We'll be back in no time, Squirt, there's no need to cry." Natsu comforted, his vest damp with her tears. "Besides, next time you see your older brother, he'll be an S-Class mage!"

He gave her a toothy smile, before leaving for seven long years.

___________________________ 

(Y/n) sits on one of the docks on Hargeon Port, staring ahead at the vast sea. This lonely wooden ledge became a second home for her as she awaits the return of Natsu and the others. She can never admit to herself that her hope is beginning to falter. (Y/n) likes to reassure herself and others with a laugh, "My dragon slayer intuition tells me they're out there. It's only a matter of time before they're back in the guild, throwing tables."  

The creaking sound of the planks pulled (Y/N) from her thoughts. She didn't even have to turn around to know who it is. 

"Come on, kiddo. We gotta get you back home for supper." 

Bisca, and Alzack accompanying her. The pair often catches a dazed-looking (Y/n) on the pier and urges her back to the guild. This time, however, the now-seventeen year old girl keeps her gaze forward. 

"Cheer up, I know how you feel, but we need to start moving. It's getting late, (Y/n)." Bisca says, taking a step forward, only to be stopped by Alzack. He shakes his head slightly, hinting to give the teen a few more minutes. 

With a shaky sigh through her nose, she stands from her sitting position. "It's the seven year anniversary of their disappearance today," (Y/n) starts. Tears threaten to fall from her eyes as she turns to the solemn faced-couple. 

"Say, do you wonder if Gray learned to keep himself from going naked every five minutes? If Elfman and Evergreen ever realized that we knew about their relationship?" (Y/n)'s smiling face tells differently from her wavering voice. Bisca and Alzack can't help but share a knowing look. Their hearts are heavy with despair as (Y/n) continues. 

She can't help the tears from spilling over. "Wouldn't it be so funny if Natsu..." (Y/n) gasps heavily; it's hard to even pronounce her brother's name, "if... if he came back with a beard like a dragon's?" (Y/n) laughs sorrowfully, and can no longer hide her pain. She drops to her knees and attempts to hold back the sobs with a hand over her mouth. She just wants to know if they're okay. 

Bisca and Alzack rush forward to comfort the girl. They both wrap their arms around (Y/n), blinking rapidly as if refusing to cry. So many members of Fairy Tail left because of lost hope, but those who remain are not capable of giving up so easily. Sure, there are times like this, when they especially missed Natsu and the others, but their patience is sure pay off someday- any day.     

__________________________

The trio arrive back at the guild, after having calmed down. They greet Kinana at the entrance, doing laundry. She wipes the sweat on her forehead before acknowledging them. 

"Hiya! Back from your jobs? I bet-" Kiana notices (Y/n)'s demeanor, "Oh, (Y/n), sweetie, your eyes look puffy. Is everything alright?" She becomes concerned, but knows exactly what's got the teen so upset. It doesn't hurt to ask, in case she wants to talk about it.