The Blooming Capital

"And the members participating into the Grand Magic Games this year will be..." Mater Makarov's eyes scanned the gathered crowd of Fairy Tail mages.

The suspense of his silence only added to (Y/n)'s anticipation; her knuckles turning pale around Romeo's vest, as a result. The two shared an anxious glance.

(Y/n) knew that since the Tenrou group had come back, she was not guaranteed a spot on the team. Though... she believed she had a good chance. After all, for the past three months, she had learned and practiced new spells and, even, trained with Sting in non-magic combat. (Y/n) had grown stronger, she was sure of it! She could only wish that she'd be able to fight alongside Natsu-nii for the title for number one guild.

Master spoke up again, pausing dramatically after each name called, "Erza Scarlet... Natsu Dragneel... Gray Fullbuster... Lucy Heartfilia... And lastly... Wendy Marvell."

(Y/n)'s loosened grip juxtaposed the bright smile that she forced on her face as she watched the newly formed team celebrate amongst themselves (save for Wendy and Lucy, who were busy convincing the master that he must have made some kind of mistake). She guessed it was okay to be on the sidelines this year... She was happy for them- if anyone could get Fairy Tail back on the ranks, it'd be them.

"(Y/n)-san," Romeo scanned her features with a reassuring smile, "we'll put our fate in their hands, okay?"

"Yeah.... of course."

He had only seemed half convinced, unfortunately. His mouth opened once more, but he was interrupted by Mira, whose usual light-colored attire was replaced by an off-shouldered black dress.

"(Y/n)-chan!" She took long-legged strides toward the two of them as bubbly as ever, "Why don't you head up to Crocus early with me?"

(Y/n) scrunched her nose at her suddenness, "Hm? Well, I was thinking I'd wait up for-"

Mira took her hand, not giving the confused (Y/n) an option to refuse, and dragged her away from an equally confused Romeo.

"Great! You can help me pack!"

***

(Y/n)'s back was straight as she sat herself on Mira's bed, her bewilderment growing with the stack of varying black dresses next to her.

Mira, on the other hand, seemed hunched over in thought as her eyes flickered over from (Y/n) then to a new dress that she had pulled from her closet. Then, after what seemed like a eternity of (Y/n) busying herself by tapping her fingers on her knees, Mira's face seemed to brighten.

"This one!" The satisfaction was evident in her voice. "(Y/n)-chan, quick, put this on!"

(Y/n) blinked slowly as she was handed the folded fabric, remaining unmoved from her spot. Almost immediately, Mira leaped into action to tidy up her room.

...This is for me?

Thumbing the nude mesh fabric, curiously, (Y/n) wondered whether Mira simply wanted a chance to fulfill the role as (Y/n)'s very own fairy godmother (as her white hair suggested) or she if she has an ulterior motive. Either way, (Y/n) decided an explanation was due.

"Mira," she paused, hesitantly, "care to explain what's going on?"

The woman in question merely hummed in response, paying more attention to the reorganization of her closet than to her. After hanging a few more dresses onto the rack, Mira wholly turned to (Y/n), seemingly beaming- (Y/n) felt her eyebrows quirk upwards at this.

"It's supposed to be a secret to the rest of the guild, but we're going to be participating in the Grand Magic Games as Fairy Tail B- you, me, Laxus, Juvia, and Gajeel."