...And I'm Still Falling

So, after some self-reflecting, I noticed how much progression my writing-style has faced in a short time. In the very beginning chapters of this book, I wrote with a lot hesitance and, frankly, a lack of depth in my descriptions.

I'm glad to see how far I've come, but it was a little too cringe to look back on. Hahah.

With that said, I will try to keep some sort of consistency in my style from now on. Please check out my new book for that lol. (Yes, I'm shamelessly promoting Flight Of Fancy, but I'm just excited to start an AU book- instead of following a set plot line from a single arc.)

Anyways~ Love ya and enjoy~ <3
___________________

"Water Dragon's Wing Attack!"

It takes only a single gesture to conjure a whirlpool strong enough to dispel three opponents from the arena, yet there is a nearly imperceptible tremble in (Y/n)'s form. Last night had taken its physical toll- weighing down her core with heartbreak and her body with fatigue.

But, she has it under control.

-At least, that was what she told herself and her guildmates when she volunteered for the Naval Battle. She wanted to participate. Everyone had worked hard to get both Fairy Tail teams to their current standings, and it was about time she fought alongside them. After all, they were here to get Fairy Tail to the top.

So, (Y/n) had steeled herself. Even as she dressed in her red and white polka-dotted swimsuit, she masked her grief with a wary smile. For the good of the guild, she would not let her emotions get the best of her.

"Just three people left! It's Sabertooth's Minerva and Fairy Tail's Lucy and (Y/n)!"

The announcer's voice ripples through the surface of the orb, but it does little to ease the tension within it. (Y/n) narrowed her eyes ahead and her gaze was returned by unfamiliar eyes. Minerva Orlando of Sabertooth had a sort of self-righteousness that did not sit well with (Y/n).

The silence draws thin and taut under intense gazes, ready to snap with any slight of motion. It breaks with a sharp inhale, "Water Dragon's Roar!"

However, Minerva was quick to her own defense. Murky spheres summoned around her hands, and with two swipes, the vortex of water had shifted away from her. A rushing of bubbles swirled around her figure, making her movements nearly undetectable for the two Fairy Tail mages. They could not see that Minerva's palms were raised a Lucy.

The blonde cried out as a blast of heated mass propelled her through the water towards (Y/n); they could do little else, but brace for impact.

"A-ARES!" Lucy called in quick wit as the two spiraled to the edge of the arena.

In the nick of time, the two collided onto a pillowy support. However, Lucy's weight met with (Y/n)'s in a harsh force- leaving the latter winded and with an aching around her ankle. (Y/n) winced as Lucy brushed her foot against (Y/n)'s. A sharp pain was brought about by the small touch, leaving her to believe that the area was sprained.

"Sorry, (Y/n)-chan..." Lucy turned to (Y/n) in a leaded haze, she didn't seem to be in any better condition than her, "Let's work hard to take her down... together."

(Y/n) managed a solemn nod at her, sealing a promise of a temporary alliance. With their powers combined, a win for Fairy Tail would be nearly guaranteed- this idea alone helped (Y/n) to ignore the magnitude of her injury, to steel away the burden along with the heft of heartbreak.

"With my power, I can eject you both from the arena in an instant." Minerva stared down at the pair, regarding herself with such eminence for the damage she had done. Her lips curved slowly into a smirk, "But that wouldn't be fun, now would it?"