Killing Me Softly

I have a quick announcement to make... I've started a new book!

Please check it out! It's a Sting x Reader x Rogue story- the introduction is up and the first chapter will be up shortly

Anyways, enjoy- this chapter is angsty.

____________________

That night, sleep had been an arduous thing for (Y/n).

Though she desired nothing more than to drift away into a world of her own, vacant of pestering thoughts, she was granted nothing of the sort- not even for a minute. Shame and embarrassment adhered her to the seemingly interminable present.

What were they...? What were they?

The question became a mantra.

And when the sun had glared down on her, in all of its annoying radiance, she had the urge to climb towards the heavens and extinguish the damned thing.

The rest of Fairy Tail B- namely Mira and Juvia (and Laxus as an onlooker)- had found (Y/n) in her restless, dark eye-bagged state, and insisted that she should sit today's events out. And though she was reluctant, at first, she was coerced by the notion of potential hours of sleep.

Cana took her place for the day, and did an exceptional job- according to Romeo. He added that Erza, Laxus, and Wendy had earned points for their respective teams too- Laxus had even taken down all of those Raven Tail jerks and disqualified them.

News of their success and a few hours of necessitated sleep had assuaged her uneasiness to an extent.

...But, of course, her tranquility was not meant to last.

"What do you think you're doing here, punk!?" Her tea cup trembled at the distant roaring of her brother's voice. She merely drummed her fingers along the scalding, ceramic edges- (Y/n) was no stranger to his instigative tendencies.

"Get out of my way," An all too recognizable voice caused her to look up, the motion parting away the steam of her black tea, "I need to see (Y/n)."

"The hell you do! Don't ever step foot in here ever again, unless you're looking to get your ass kicked!"

Shouts and sounds of clutter were muffled as she rushed towards the commotion- pushing her way to the front. She nearly gasps at the sight of a vexatious Sting, whose vest collar is singed and clenched at the furious hands of Natsu.

"Nii-san!?" There is a second where the intensity dwindles at the sight of her.

"Squirt, stay back. He's no good for you." Her brother seethes, giving the blonde a harsh shove, "And you- stay away from her."

"Fine..." Sting lets out a breath of aggravation as he stables himself, his uncharacteristic complacency perturbing her. He looked at her shortly with those steeled blue eyes before taking his leave.