SEVEN

-----------

-----------

SAM KNEW HE SHOULD HAVE STAYED WITH CAROLINE BUT HIS MIND AND GUT LED HIM BACK TO THE BEGINNING. He was in Tessa's cabin sitting in front of her as she drank her cup of tea.

He didn't know what to say to her after their unpleasant goodbye at the ball but Tessa seemed relieved to see him once again. "I have to be honest with you, Sam, I thought you wouldn't come back."

"How long are you planning on living?" he then questioned with a look causing Tessa to choke on her tea and look at him in overwhelm.

"Do you wish me to die?"

Sam pursed his lips in annoyance. "Of course you'd put it as the worst case scenario of what I say. I'm just curious," he shrugged as Tessa looked a little upset. "You've been dead for two thousand years and suddenly you're back. Are you even alive?"

Qetsiyah then chuckled and put her cup of tea on the table before looking at him in amusement. "Sam, you posses one funny trait that Ammon didn't have. You're a charming idiot," she teased but Sam didn't smile nor give her a satisfaction of agreeing. "I am very much alive and living. But you're not here to kill me, are you?"

"That would be too boring."

Tessa then eyed him mysteriously before speaking. "You've had an interesting life, Sam. A very... hurtful too. I saw it all. I felt your pain and betrayal... Your first love."

"Can we not talk about that?" Sam offered Tessa a suppressed smile causing her to shake her head.

"You kept everything to yourself for a long time, Sam. I think you need to open up. Like you open up to Caroline," she commented while leaning forward causing Sam to stare at her dully. "I wish I could protect you from every bad thing in this world but someday you will have to learn that sometimes accepting a loss can be just as powerful as winning."

"Says a woman who revived her best friend to kill Silas and then couldn't let him die. And here I am," Sam got angry causing Tessa to sigh and look away in shame. "I have no powers and I'm still not used to that. Because ever since I was 3 years old I was able to read people. My parents thought I was a freak and they left me to mend for myself. I haven't been winning since I was born."

"And yet you want your powers back," Tessa furrowed her eyebrows in confusion as Sam nodded. "Why?"

"Don't ask why. Just tell me how?" he snapped while standing up. Tessa stood up too. "Last time we spoke you seemed to be pretty shocked to hear I had my powers back for a minute there. I know you know how I can get them back but you're being quiet because keeping me on your leash is easier when I'm normal."