please don't

~ he tries to offers me one of little finger sandwiches and i slap his hand away.

~ 'i don't want that poison.'

~ he just laughs, that bright smile never wavering from his face. 'come on dan, i made this setting to help you feel better about coming here.'

~ 'i absolutely hate it.' i turn my back to him and try to find a place that still has a bit of gray or black to it.

~ i feel his hand on my shoulder and i freeze. why is he touching me? he turns me around.

~ 'give me a chance.' please. which was signed with his right hand on his chest and moving in a clockwise motion.

~ for some reason, i felt sort of guilty for putting him through a hard time. with mr. farkle, he would just get mad and tell me he wasn't playing around but with phil, he begged. and i wasn't used to that.

~ 'fine.' i grumbled. i push his arm off of me and go over to one of the bean bags. the darkest color i could find was a blue one so that's where i sat.

~ he sits across from me in a bright green one. he smiles. 'so... tell me, what is something you've always wanted to learn?'

~ i think for a minute. usually, mr. farkle would decide his lesson plans for me and what i had to do. i never knew what i wanted to learn. he continues to stare at me so i look away from him and continue to think.

~ i think back to yesterday's events. something happened that made me upset.

~ 'i want to learn how to speak in another language.'

~ shock crossed his face but then broke out in another blinding grin. 'i think it's possible, let me check.'

~ i watch as he gets up and goes over to his desk. he starts typing quickly on his laptop and i watch the concentration pull at his face. i decided to check out his facial features.

~ he had soft small pink lips. his hair was very black and contrasted well with his pale skin. he wasn't to bad looking. i would be into him if he wasn't so happy about life itself.

~ 'i have great news!' his looks up quickly and i pretend to be tying my shoe.

~ 'what? can you please repeat?'

~ he gets up and walks back over to me. 'it is possible to teach you another language. but of course, you must learn to read and write it first.'

~ that actually made my heart skip a beat. i can actually rise above others in this facility. try to be okay with being deaf and showing others that you can still learn and do the same things a hearing person can.

~ 'let's do it.' i say. sitting up a bit taller.

~ 'i'm loving this new motivated side of you dan. now the real question is... what language would you like to learn?'

~ i had already decided a long time ago. 'french.'

~ 'great! i already excel at that so it won't be difficult to teach you.'

~ a bell blares from over head. it was made so even the deaf could hear it. i see phil wince at the loud noise but to me, the octave sounded like a normal school bell.

~ 'that's lunch.' i say getting up.

~ phil gets up too and walks with me to the door. mind if i join you?

~ lunch was the only time i could look cool in front of leo and i didn't want him tagging along.

~ 'don't you want to eat with the other trainers?'

~ 'oh don't worry, i want to see who you hang out with. i'll be so quiet you won't even know i'm there.'

~ yea and i'm lying about being deaf.

i finished typing this in the bathroom of my church 😂

~ alivia