Chapter 3

Dex pov:

When the girls went upstairs (more like got dragged upstairs by Biana) to do their make overs the guys decided to go to Fitz's room and just hang out. We started to talk about what is going on in each other lives. We don't see each other as much anymore and we are not as close as the girls are but we still are really good friends because of all the things that happened with the Black Swan. 

 I don't hate Fitz anymore like I used to I actually have a secret... I have a huge crush on Fitz. I have not told anyone not because I am scared to not be accepted because it it totally okay to like who ever you want in The Lost Cities (besides if you are a bad match which I do not agree with.) I have not told anyone because I am pretty sure there is no way he could like me back. He might still like Sophie or he might like Linh but there is no way he could ever like me.

"Dex!" I hear someone yell. Oops I must have zoned out. I think someone had asked me a question. 

"I'm sorry what did you say?" I ask. 

"We asked if you like anyone" Keefe responds. 

"Oh umm I actually like Marella right now" I say. I start to sweat, hopefully they can't tell that I am lying. They probably think I am just blushing because I admitted who I liked. 

"Really" Keefe exclaims, "That makes a lot of sense I could actually see you guys together" I really hope I don't end up with Marella, but I say "Yeah maybe we might date some day." I look up and see a look of jealousy on Fitz''s face. That is weird , maybe he likes Marella too.

Keefe turns to Fitz and says, "So Fitzy who do you like." I hope he says no one...

Fitz pov:

When I hear that Dex liked Marella I immediately feel jealous. I hope no one notices. I have not told anyone that I like Dex. I have not told anyone because I am pretty sure Dex hates me and I thought that he liked Sophie but apparently he likes Marella. So I say "I like Linh." I look around the room to see peoples reactions. Tam just glares at me because he thinks I have a crush on his sister and he probably thinks that I a going to hurt her or something, Keefe looks happy for me, and I look over at Dex and he looks jealous... I wonder why? There is no way he likes me. We ask Keefe and Tam who they like. Tam won't tell us and Keefe says he likes no one but I am pretty sure that he likes Sophie. They would honestly be really cute together and I ship them even though I used to date Sophie.

All of us get bored and we decide to invite Wylie over. The whole group became really good friends with Wylie when we were all fighting the Neverseen together. We debated asking the girls if he could come over but we figured that they would be more mad if we interrupted their make over then if we invited Wylie over because they are friends too. We hail him and he says he will come over soon so we all go down to meet him at the gate.

He appears and we all say hi to him and walk back into Everglen. When we enter the house BIana yells, "Boys come down stairs I want you guys to see our make overs." We wait by the stairs and see them walk down. They all look so good I look around and I am pretty sure me and Dex are the only boy not drooling over them (Because I like Dex and Dex probably is just to in love with Marella to even see other girls.) I see Wylie staring at Linh, Tam staring at Biana with a slight blush on his cheeks (wow this is one of the only times I have ever seen him blush, I think he likes Biana.) I also see Keefe staring intently at Sophie with his jaw dropped. 

"Close your mouths boys you are gonna catch flies" Biana says.

We all laugh and Dex saya "You all look really pretty, but what should we do now?"

We all don't know what to do except Biana who exclaims, "I know what we should do, we should play truth or dare!" We all agree to play but I feel a little nervous because I am worried someone will ask me who I like and Biana knows when I lie. We all sit in a circle in Everglen's living room and I think to myself, let the games begin.

(Authors Note) 

I hope you guys are liking this book so far. Sorry this chapter is kind of short. If anyone has any suggestions let me know. Thank you for reading.

-Rhilty8