Chapter Nineteen: Setting the Stage

Yusei pulls his duel runner into the driveway of Martha's house in the Satellite Sector. Yusei leaves his helmet on as he enters the home. The eerie silence fills the home. Yusei turns on a flashlight on his duel disk and begins looking around the dark and vacant home. Yusei tours around the rooms on the main level, and he finds nothing. Yusei turns his way toward the stairs and he walks up them to see Martha, and a handful of kids passed out in a circle on the ground.

"Martha!" Yusei runs over to her, trying to shake her awake. 

Martha doesn't wake after constant nudging and Yusei calling her name. Yusei investigates the children but he has the same result. A tear sheds down his face when he hears footsteps on the stairs he just came up. 

Yusei stands up with a cheetah's quickness and turns on his duel disk. After a few steps, Kalin appeared in Yusei's sight. 

"Kalin?" Yusei rubs his eyes.

"It was just you, Yusei." Kalin lowers his own duel disk. 

"What happened here Kalin?" Yusei asks

"I don't know. I left to go to the market for Martha this morning, and when I came back they were all like that. They have pulses but they're not awake." Kalin explains.

"They're not conscious. Damn, Ramsey must've gotten here then." Yusei lowers his shoulders.

"Ramsey?" Kalin raises an eyebrow.

"Kalin it's a good thing you weren't here, because I need your help to save the city." Yusei states.

"My help? I couldn't help a starving village Yusei. I'm not very useful these days." Kalin's eyes get heavy.

"No Kalin you are plenty helpful. You've been taking care of Martha and the kids since I've been at the lab more, and I am very grateful. There's a guy who is trying to erase the consciousness' of everyone in Neo Domino in order for him to then possess us all and change the future. Funny enough, this guy is from our present future." Yusei explains, realizing how far-fetch this situation sounds. 

"So he's some future dude that's going around trying to jeopardize our city and our future with our loved ones." 

"Right." Yusei confirms.

"Count me in Yusei, this guy will regret the day he decided to mess with our family." Kalin commits.

"Alright, we better get going then. I don't know how long the twins will fare against Crow and Jack." Yusei says.

"Jack and Crow?" Kalin questions.

"I'll explain on the way." 

Back in the city, Ramsey oversees the beginning of the duel between Leo, Luna, and the possessed Jack and Crow.

"We're kinda forced into this pickle now." Leo tugs at the chains.

"We just need to buy time for Yusei." Luna looks at Leo.

"We don't know how long that'll be." Leo says. 

Leo turns his head and looks at Ramsey on the roof with his eyes shut, like he is focusing.

"What do you think he's doing?" Leo asks.

"Time to begin." Jack says.

"Jack, you and Crow need to wake up. You're not yourselves." Luna says.

"Duel." Crow turns on his duel disk.

"Looks like there's only one way out of this Luna." Leo nods.