Chapter 15

Stamina is a very silly thing. You think you have a lot of it, until you're on the ground feeling dehydrated.

"Y/n get up." Neito said "Didn't you say you were a fast runner? Don't you need stamina to be fast?"

I get up slowly a brush of the dirt and dust.

"I am fast!" I say "I'm just not fast for long."

He giggled.

His smile slowly faded and a serious face replaced it.

"We're going to need to teleport" He says

"We can't!" I yell "What would happen if we teleported right near a villain?"

"Then we will defeat them." He says without hesitation

I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I open my eyes and stare at his deep blue ones. I grab his wrist and teleport. I don't know where I will teleport, I just teleport.

Oxygen is a very silly thing. You think you have a lot of it, until you're on the ground choking on poisonous gas. My respiratory system wasn't working like it should have been.

"Monoma and his friend! Come over here!" I hear a girls voice say.

I don't know her voice, but I don't want to question her. Right know I'm at a need for air.

It takes all the strength I have left to teleport to her.

I'm immediately smacked by wind. The force of her humongous hands sweeps the poisonous gas away. I stay to the ground.

The most important thing though, is that I could finally breathe! At least for a little bit. I couldn't stop coughing. My body was not going to let those toxins stay inside.

After my coughing attack, I look up and see all the gas gone.

I stand up and thank the girl.

"Oh it's no problem!" She said "Any friend of Monoma is a friend of mine! At least, if they are not as crazy as him. Are you crazy?"

"I wouldn't think so." I say

I go and look at Neito who is currently wiping dust off of his uniform.

"Told you so." Is all I need to say

"Ya, ya" He says "I get it."

He sticks his tongue out at me and I do the same back.

"So, how are we going to get back?" Said the guy with metal for skin

"Oh leave that to me." I say

Then we are back where we started.

We drop them off then look at the path again. Then Neito speaks up.

"Okay let's get ready to teleport!"

"What?!" I yell "Did you not just see what happened last time we teleported, or did you forget how we choked on poisonous gas?! Not to mention how big of a headache I have after teleporting three people including myself!"

"Don't you want to get your brother and that other guy?!" He asks

"Even though I said I was also doing it for Kachan, I was really doing it for my brother. Why does it matter how we get there to you anyway?!"

He looks down and then grabs my wrist.

"Because your brother is not the only reason I went in there."

Then were in the forest trees. Neito had teleported us. Neito had got my quirks again. The other times were fine because it was dark and unnoticeable. One of them was even able to be excused. It was dark today of course, but how bad my quirk is acting up makes everything light up making nothing unnoticeable or excusable.

He looks around in awe of the light of every soul in the world. Then he feels the pain. He's on the ground with his hands covering his ears. He slowly tries to pull out my soul. Not on purpose, but on reflex. That's not good. I never once thought about how the person felt as their soul was being pulled out. Now that is all I can think about.

I was slowly slipping away from my body. My thoughts were the only thing I could feel. Then I'm in my body again, and Neito's standing up.

I was never tall nor small. Of course Neito isn't that big himself, but I felt like a bug with Neito looking over me. Neito gives me a sad face.

"Y/n...What was that?"

Hope is a very silly thing. You think you have a lot of it, until you look at that empty hole were it was supposed to be.