Chapter 10

"Are you four!" Kaminari yelled "They say you got rescued by Evdeaver! That's the number two hero for you!"

I hated that lie. I wanted us to be known as 'the kids that defeated the hero killer' not 'the kids that got rescued by Endeavor'.

At least I'll always know that it was us who defeated the hero killer. I will always have the mark. I look at my shaky hand and close it to a fist.

Time skip

I walk out of the school to see Neito waiting for me at the gate.

"Hello!" I say

"Hi Y/n! I wanted to ask you something." He said

"What is it?" I ask

"Well... " He said "There's an amusement park that I have been wanting to go to and have the tickets to, but I haven't been able to go with anyone. Would you like to go with me?" He asks

"Of course!" I say

Not a second pasts before were already there.

"Is it this one?" I ask, seeing if I picked the right amusement park to go to.

"Yes it is!" He says

He then gives the tickets to a lady and walks in. Then he stops.

"What was I thinking when I bought the tickets for us! You could've just teleported us inside!" He yelled

"Well ya..." I say "But you didn't say before that you got tickets for us. You said you were looking for someone to go with you."

His face turned bright pink.

"Don't think about the little stuff!" He yelled "Just think about the amazing rides we get to go on!"

He pointed to a big roller coaster.

"Want to get on this one?" He asked

He looked at the horror in my face.

"What? No way are you scared of heights! If you fall you can just teleport down!"

"I know!" I said "But ever since I was a kid heights terrified me. I look up and all I can see is myself falling down."

"Let's give it a try!" He said "Barely anyone is in line anyways. Will probably get on after the batch on the roller coaster is done and they are coming in now."

The fear of being on that thing was too much. I was almost going to say no, but then I thought 'If I can't do this, how am I ever going to be a hero?'

I sat in the seat as Neito sat right next to me. The woman came over and pulled down the thing that would hold me in place.

We started moving. We got higher and higher. The terror that I felt before came back instantly. I felt trapped in the thing that was holding me in, like arms that were suffocating me. I started hyperventilating and was about to teleport back to my room, where I felt safe.

"Y/n!"

"Are you okay? You can teleport off and I'll come with you if you want."

I came back to the world and looked at Nieto. That's right I was with Neito. He cared about me. I don't need to feel safe in my room. I can just feel safe with Neito.

"Ya, I'm fine." I say

Drop

"Aghhhhhhh!" I scream

What felt like terror and fear quickly turned into joy. I start laughing and give Neito a smile.

I know he can't hear me so instead I mouth

'Thanks'

Time skip

"Hey Neito, do you want to go on that?" It was night time and we had been on many rides, but I wanted to finish it off with this one

"The farris wheel? Okay." He said

We walk in line which was not big.

"Why did you want to go on this one?" He asks

"I don't know." I say "I just wanted to."

"Okay you guys are going to go into this one." A man said

We went into the cart and then started going up. I squeezed the little stuffed rabbit that Neito won for me at a tossing game. I named him Mr. Hops and thought he was the cutest thing in the world. I could see the beautiful lights of the amusement park as we went higher. The beauty was enchanting as blue, pink, and purple lights filled the ground. All I could here was my breathing.

"It's beautiful." I say

"I know." He says back "Is that why you wanted to come up here?"

"No!" I say "I told you. I don't know why I did. I just thought that it might be fun to be up here."

"Aren't you afraid of hights?" He asked

"I am" I say "But I feel better because I'm with you."

He gave me a confused look and I start blushing.

"Well... You know... You've been there for me ever since the beginning when you helped me out after the USJ attack. I don't know why you decided to help me out but you did. In the sports festival you helped me out by calming me down and helped me by telling me the obvious. Even though I did end up getting mind controlled, you still helped me! And today you thought about me and asked if I was okay. I wasn't, but that didn't matter because at the end I loved the ride! I know I'm just a fourteen year old girl from class 1A, but I really love being your friend!"

He looked suprised, but then he smiled. I could see him leaning in. I didn't know what to do at that moment, but I didn't have time to think. To be honest, I couldn't think at all. My brain felt like a bunch of mush. I started leaning in too. Anticipation filled my top to the brim. There were his lips right there in front of mine. It was going to happen.

"Thank you for riding the faris wheel. Hope you had a fun time."

We both started internally panicking and quickly sat straight and acted like nothing happened.

"Ya had a really fun time now got to go." I said to the guy as I teleported out with Neito.

"So Neito, do you want me to teleport yo back or do do you want to teleport back on your own?" I tried to make my voice sound like everything was cool and nothing had just happen, but I was failing miserably.

"No, no I'm good!" He said as he quickly touched my arm and put back to his side "Bye!"

"Ya Bye!" I said then we both quickly teleported back to our homes.

I jumped onto my bed and squeezed Mr. Hops so hard he should have suffocated. My heart raced and my face was red.

"What's happening to me?"