Chapter 24: Puzzle

Your eyes met his. They looked weak, tired and upset. But his body looked angry and strong.

You got up from the swing and was about to run into his embrace, but he turned around and started to walk. You grabbed his wrist.

"Wait." He tried to escape your hold, but he couldn't.

You were surprised he didn't slip away like a piece of paper in the wind. You don't know where this sudden strength came from. He's always been stronger than you with those muscles.

He turned around and looked at you with a death stare.

"I miss you." Your bottom lip quivered.

Your throat stung from trying to hold the tears. You let them go, rolling down your soft cheeks.

His eyes lightened and his deadly expression turned into a soft one. He slowly pulled his arm out of your hold. You felt a warm feeling. Your whole body tingled, missing this feeling. He was hugging you.

His muscular arms wrapped around you and his warm body comforted you. The feeling of him around you made the world stop and all your problems to fly away.

"I miss you too." He said softly in your ear.

You could hear that he was crying from his voice. You hugged him back and you tears just stopped.

You just stood there absorbing his warm feeling. It felt so good after feeling so cold for a long time.

He slowly backed away. He grabbed both your hands, and your eyes got caught by his. They glistened like snow. He brought you to the swings and sat down.

You were confused. You just wanted the warm, comforted, protecting feeling taking over your body.

"I'm sorry." You said quietly, almost a whisper.

You tilted your head down to look at your feet. He titled his head to the side.

"I didn't mean to say it. I wasn't thinking," you hesitated and swallowed the lump forming in your throat, "I do love you. I only love you. I would've said yes anyway." You closed your eyes, the tears rolling down your cheeks and hiding under your chin.

"I don't want his consent. I only want you. I've been so heart broken. I thought I ruined this. After so long of you disappearing. Not knowing why. You having a girlfriend. I finally had you all to mine, and, of course, I ruined it."

His own eyes started to water. "No no no." He screamed quietly.

He came over and kneeled down in front of you. He grabbed your hands and rubbed the top of them slightly.

"Baby." He said looking into your sad eyes.

You smiled softly, and he smiled a little too.

"This is none of your fault. I'm the one who should be apologizing. I over reacted. I know he's your best friend." You shook your head violently.

"No I hurt you. This is all my fault. I deserved every bit of this." You squeezed his hands as you were crying harder.

"Baby n-"

"Please," you gulped, "this is my fault."

He just nodded slightly closing his eyes tightly. Bringing his lips into a thin white line.

"Ok." He whispered softly.

You mouthed a thank you. As much as that hurts him to say. He did it because you wanted it. But he didn't want to say it.

He sat back up on the swing. He let you there to cry and calm down a little bit. You looked at him after calming down. He slowly looked back.

You walked over to him and straddled his lap. Your brought your arms around his neck and leaned down for a kiss. He immediately kissed back, and made the kiss deeper. You removed your lips.