- The Call -

*RING* * RING*
"uuggh" I groaned and rolled over to check the time. 7:05. Why would anybody call me at 7:05, on a Saturday. Then I remembered. The audition. I stumbled out of bed and ran to the phone.
"Hello...?" Oh my god Elizabeth could you sound any more asleep? I cleared my throat and tried again, louder this time.
"Hello?"
"Yes hello, is this Elizabeth?"
"Yes, who is this?" I said, my heart racing.
"This is James, sorry for calling so early, but I had to let you know, start packing your bags because you got the part! We leave in a couple of weeks, but until then we have plenty of dance classes, costume fittings, etc. planned so get ready!" I nearly started crying but I had to hold it together until I got off the phone.
"Wow, I don't know what to say, thank you so much I can't believe this is happening!" I could feel my heart pounding.
"Well you earned it Elizabeth! I expect to see you here tomorrow morning 8:30 sharp. Have a great day, and see you soon!"
James hung up and I just stood in my room in complete shock. I wandered over to my bed and sat down, immediately starting to cry. I did it. I actually did it. I was going to be in titanic, as rose. Rose!! And Leonardo DiCaprio would be there the whole time? The heartthrob of the century would be playing my love interest. I couldn't even believe what was happening. I ran back to the Phone to call my parents, my brother and then Amelia. We had gotten close while waiting to audition, and although I didn't want to make her feel bad about not getting the part, she was one of my only friends here and I had to tell her.
"You better have a good excuse for calling me this early Beth"
"Well hello to you too Amelia.", I joked
"But I do have some news. I got the part. I'm Rose!!"
I waited for one long, agonizing second until she said,
"That's wonderful!!! I'm so proud of you Beth!"
I breathed a sigh of relief. Thank god she's not mad at me, I thought.
"Thank you so much! I just called to tell you, but I have to go read lines. We should hang out soon though. Before I leave!"
"Of course we will! How about next week, Wednesday?"
"Perfect! See you then!"