When She Saw Her....

Chilled was fairly unhappy with himself. Very unhappy actually. He knew that he was very lucky to have a girlfriend already. Jess was very pretty, and they got along well. Anthony felt very at ease around her. His feelings for Minx, however, were of another breed: exhilarating,crazy, chaotic. That lovely London lady had not left Chilled's thoughts since the moment he saw her. Conflicted, he set himself a goal: to distract himself for the day and forget about "her". 

       Determined to go about his day normally, he texted the Derp Crew and set up a session of Mario Kart. Chilled was actually getting pretty tired of Mario Kart, but anything that could get his mind off of  "her" was a good thing. GaLm, Ze, and Smarty joined the lobby, and they started the recording session. 

        Starting with a good-old-fashioned free-for-all, they raced while cracking jokes and sassing each other. Chilled, however, was unusually quiet. And sucky. He came in last in all the races, not in small part because his mind had drifted off and he had driven off the track multiple times. 

        "Chilled are you ok buddy?" Smarty asked him in his usual perky voice. "You're really sucking, like really sucking. You just got a quadfecta!" 

        "Yeah," chimed in Ze, "you haven't really said much Chilled. What's got you down?"

        "I'm fine guys, really." Chilled definitely didn't feel "fine" though. It was a bit of a struggle to focus on racing when 90%  of his brain power was being used on thinking about Minx. 

        Smarty, unconvinced, continued to pester him. "Are you sure? Is everything okay with Jess?"

        Slightly annoyed, Chilled retorted, "Yes! Everything is fine with Jess! I'm perfectly okay guys!" The first part was true at least. Jess and Anthony's relationship was as stable as it was normal. They did simple couple things, like going to the movies or hanging out and watching tv. It was pleasant, but still....

        GaLm, who was also also getting slightly annoyed, interrupted. "Are we playing Mario Kart or recording Gossip Girls?"

        His point made, they all returned to the game and recorded for 2 more hours. Chilled's performance did not improve. 

        After the session, Chilled was rather tired, After all, he had only gotten 6 hours of sleep last night. Jumping into his bed, Chilled fell asleep as fast as a 3-year old in Mattress Discounters. A dream took over his thoughts,,,,

        Chilled was falling, no, gliding through a cloudy blue sky. "Oh great," Chilled thought, "another one of those falling dreams." But then he looked to his left and saw someone else flying a couple feet away from him, a tall brunette. Minx. 

        Not of his own will, he reached for her hand with his. "No Chilled." she responded in a surreal echoing voice. "This can't happen." And then she dissapeared, leaving Chilled, who began plummeting straight down through the clouds and into a fiery world. Down and down he fell, gaining speed until finally he landed in the flames and-

        "F-ck!!!" he yelled at the top of his lungs as he jumped awake. Breathing heavily, he took a moment to calm himself and collect his thoughts. He was very shaken by his dream turned nightmare. "Maybe it's a message." he told himself. Glancing over his shoulder at the analog clock, he saw that the time was 5pm. He had over napped, and had been in bed for a couple of hours. 

        Rubbing his eyes, he reached over the bed and grabbed his phone. A message sat in the middle of his screen "Jess- want to hang out?" Chilled replied yes, and invited her over. Perhaps Jess was what he needed to clear his mind.