Silence and Slenderman

Not a single word was spoken on the car ride home. Chilled intentionally pumped up the stereo in hopes of easing the quiet, but it was still the most awkward 30 minutes of their lives. They both tried their best to avoid eye contact. 

        When Minx and Chilled finally arrived home, they headed their separate ways to bed immediately. It was another sleepless night.

        The morning didn't bring any relief to the social discomfort. Breakfast was as quiet as a graveyard. Minx kept her eyes glued to her milk-filled cereal bowl, and Chilled found that staring at the back of Cheerios box for 20 minutes wasn't quite as bad as he thought it would be. 

        One would think that two people living in the same house couldn't possibly ignore each other for long, but Chilled and Minx would prove them wrong. It was an almost speechless Tuesday, with the few words being said addressed to Chilled's parents. Needless to say, they were very confused by the whole situation.

        And so Minx and Chilled spent the day in the eerily silent house, trying their best to avoid each other and occupy their own time. Chilled played some single-player games. Minx went for a walk. Chilled edited some old footage to upload to YouTube, Minx read a book. Chilled took a nap. Minx listened to some classical music. Chilled worked out. Minx sent some emails. By dinner, it was as if they had lived their regular individual lives separately in the same 2-story house. 

        Another restless night passed. But the next morning was different. Minx was sick of having no one to talk to. Chilled was done with ignoring his friend in his own house. And so they began to talk again. They started small.

        "Hey."

        "Hi."

        And from there, it only improved. Soon, the two friends were again having a blast playing some video games and cracking jokes. 

        "Chilled you f-cker that was my kill!" Minx cried out.

        "Well I guess girls are just too slow compared to men." Chilled quipped at his female counterpart.

        Minx smiled. "I hate you Chilled." 

        Indeed, things were back to normal. Of course, they were still consciously avoiding bringing up that night in conversation, but besides that it was business as usual. 

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

        "How did I let you convince me into doing this?" a very nervous ChilledChaos asked, his voice cracking a little. The dynamic duo was sitting at Chilled's computer desk, with all the lights turned off. The sun had long since said goodnight, and Chilled's parents had left for the evening, so Chilled and Minx were alone again, in a very dark house. They were about to play Slender. 

        "Because you love me!" Minx sarcastically exclaimed in her pitchy mock-voice. If only she knew.

        Chilled moaned. "Let's just get this over with." He started the game and spawned in some foggy woods. Armed with only a light, he ventured into the shadows, searching for pages to win. 

        Chilled didn't hate horror games. No. He detested them. With a passion. He always had, ever since he had played his first one in elementary school. Yet somehow, Minx had persuaded him, and now he was physically and virtually living his nightmare.

        "Chilled go look in that abandoned building."

        "That looks creepy as crap Minx! I'm not going in there!"