Surprise

Chapter 20

(Kristen's POV)

I march out of the house and sit on the porch steps.

The front door slams shut and someone grabs my wrist, pulling me up.

Sure enough it's my mom.

"How dare you say that to us! Let me remind you if I never invited you on that tour bus you wouldn't be here right now." She says through gritted teeth. I pull my wrist away as I feel tears stinging my eyes.

"I wish you and dad never split up! I wish I still looked up to you like I did seven years ago! I wish we were the happy family we used to be!" She looks down and wipes her eyes.

"I should be leaving..." She quickly walks to her car but I stop her.

"Don't leave... Please." She shakes her head and gets in her car.

"I'm sorry Kristen, I love you." She closes the door and backs out of the driveway.

I walk back inside and look at my dad.

"Dad I'm sorry..." He walks over to me and hugs me. I hug him and cry into his shoulder.

"I didn't mean what I said. I want you to be happy and I want you to see Jackson but I still want to see the twins..."

"I know you do, we'll work something out." We let go and Gavin comes out with Noah,

"Can Gavin stay the night?" My dad nods and I take Gavin's hand.

"Goodnight dad, goodnight Allie."

"Goodnight!" They both say and we go upstairs. Gavin lays Noah in his crib and he takes off his shirt. I smile at him and change into a random shirt and track shorts.

I look around the room then turn off the lights. I get in my bed next to Gavin and he puts his arm around me.

I lay my head on his chest and close my eyes.

"Goodnight Kris." I smile and reply,

"Goodnight Gav."

*the next morning*

I wake up with Gavin's arm still around me. I sit up, trying not to wake Gavin up. I get out of bed to feed Noah. I pick him up and get a bottle for him.

I walk around my room and feed him. Once I finish I burp him and clean the bottle in my bathroom. I set it by my door so I can bring it down later.

I go back into my room and see Gavin sitting on my bed, smiling.

"Good morning Kristen."

"Morning." I smile and lay Noah on the changing table.

"Gavin! Wanna change him! He doesn't smell to bad." Gavin laughs and stands up.

"Sure." I kiss his cheek and go sit on my bed.

"Ew he smells horrible!"

"Haha!" I laugh and watch him change Noah.

"When are you going back to your moms house?"

"Um three days I think, why?" He shrugs and finishes changing Noah.

"No reason, just wondering." I nod and take Noah from him.

"He smells as fresh as a daisy." Gavin laughs and kisses me.

"Good, I'm glad." I sit on my bed and smile at Gavin.

"I love you."

He smiles back at me and sits next to me.