Chapter Ten : Royal Engagement

Chapter Ten: Royal Engagement

Nicole 🌹

In the morning I grab my luggage and go downstairs. James is waiting with a car, looking a little tired. I don't know which of us needs this vacation more. A protection officer helps put my luggage in the car.

"Thanks." I said walk around and enter the car.

''Good morning.'' James said.

"Good morning." I said giving him a side hug as
James drops a quick kiss on my forehead.

"Are you still sleepy?" James asked.

"A little bit." I answered.

''We'll sleep on the plane.'' He said.

I nodded.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Santorini." James answered.

"We're going to Greece?" I asked.

"Yes, we are. I know much you've talked about always wanting to travel there." James answered.

"Awe, thank you for remembering." I said.

"You're welcome." He said.

+

When we arrive to the hotel, I'm once again impressed. The room James picked for us is massive, exuding wealth and comfort. I eye the massive stone fireplace, wanting nothing more than to curl up on the couch in front of it with James.

Our room wad white-washed, cave-style suite with a secluded terrace, with incredible views.

Santorini is famous as one of the most romantic islands in the world, and arguably the most enchanting of all the Greek Isles. 

It was a true beauty.

We were staying at the luxury Mystique, set atop a cliff overlooking the Santorini caldera.

"What do you think" James asked.

"I love it, I should definitely thank you for all of this." I answered.

Both of us eye the bed.  I turn in his arms, leaning up to gently cradle his face in my hands, ''Thank you for this trip.'' I said.

''I figured you needed some time away, to just forget and relax.'' He smiles. ''Besides, I wanted some time to you all by myself.'' He said.

+

James 👑

"Nicole, can you make me more popcorn please?" Danica asked.

"Sure, sweetie." Nicole answered as I got up and walked into the kitchen.

"Dad, do you have the ring on you?" Danica asked.

"Of course, I do." I answered.

"Are you proposing tonight?" Danica asked.

"Yes, I'm just nervous." I answered.

"Don't worry, I got your back, dad." Danica said.

"Thank you, sweetie." I said, smiling.

"What are you two talking about?" Nicole asked as she entered the living room with more popcorn in the bowl.

"Nothing." Danica and I both said at the same time.

Nicole smiled at us before taking a seat next to me and I pecked her cheek.