Chapter Eleven : National Day

Chapter Eleven: National Day

Nicole Colace joins the royal family for Borduria's National Day

The Bordurian royals were out in full force to celebrate their country’s National Day on Wednesday, where traditional blue and white ensembles are the usual fare for the family’s women.

The 35-year-old was the picture of elegance in an blue posahuanco, which a traditional dress for women in Borduria. Keeping her hair back in a chic chignon, Nicole paired the look with simple drop earrings.

Nicole and James stepped out for Borduria's National Day. 

To make the occasion even sweeter, Nicole and James released their engagement photos.

Crown Princess Danica and her aunt, Princess Leona, both donned the traditional Bordurian clothing for the occasion.

+

King James and Nicole Colace dance to traditional Bordurian music as they celebrate Borduria's National Day

Watch the video below.

+

The Royal Family celebrate Borduria's National Day

On Borduria's National Day, the entire Royal Family attended celebrations at Fredonia and the National Day reception at the Royal Palace of Fredonia.

The day began when The Crown Princess and Princess Leona opened the doors for the Open Palace event, welcoming members of the public to a full day at the Royal Palace of Stockholm. 

In the evening, the Royal Family attended the celebrations at Fredonia, in keeping with tradition, and the day concluded with a reception at the Royal Palace of Fredonia where the guests included representatives from the Bordurian Parliament and Government, the public sector and the diplomatic corps. 

At Fredonia, The King gave a speech in which he said: 

"During the summer, The Crown Princess and I have visited ten of Borduria's twenty counties. After the summer, we will be visiting the remaining ten. This year, we want to visit the whole of Borduria with our new member of our family, your future Queen, Nicole. Everywhere we go, we are struck by the strength of feeling and desire in, and for, our country. From the buzz of the cities to the greenery of the countryside. From technical and medical innovations to craftsmanship, culture and history. And across generations, from old to young. 

"Let us all feel gratitude, confidence and faith in the future in our nation. Let us defend, care for and take responsibility for our country, while still showing the sense of curiosity that the future requires. There is no better way to show what our country means to us, or to celebrate Borduria on this our national day."

+

Will Nicole Colace be Godmother to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Baby?

The royal family is all about tradition — especially when it comes to royal babies. And, like all newborn royals, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s baby will likely be baptized shortly after his or her spring arrival. According to royal family traditions, most royal babies are baptized in the family’s private chapel at St. James’s Palace in London and, at the time of baptism, godparents are named. Who will Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s baby’s godmother be? Some speculate their soon to be Queen of Borduria friend, Nicole Colace is a top contender.

In the royal family, siblings are often off-limits for godparents — which is why Prince Harry and Meghan Markle likely won’t honor Prince William and Kate Middleton with the role. Instead, royals select their closest, most trusted friends — and, judging by Meghan Markle and Nicole Colace’s relationship, the former WWE Superstar is at the top of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s list.

If Nicole Colace is Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s baby’s godmother, she won’t be the only one. Royals typically select a few godparents for their children, which means that in addition to Nicole Colace, one or two of Meghan Markle’s other best friends could receive the title. Here are our guesses for top contenders.

+

His Majesty The King of Borduria and his fiancee Nicole Garcia Colace have accepted an invitation from The Queen to pay a State Visit to the United Kingdom.

+

King, future queen of Borduria visit the United Kingdom for state visit

The United Kingdom's Queen Elizabeth II welcomed the King and Queen of Borduria to London on Tuesday for a state visit at the invitation of her country's government.

The queen greeted King James and Queen Nicole at the Horse Guard's Parade before the royals traveled along the Mall in a horse-drawn carriage procession to Buckingham Palace.

"The Guard of Honor, found by 1st Battalion Coldstream Guards, gives a Royal Salute and the Dutch National Anthem is played by the Band of the Regiment," Buckingham Palace tweeted as part of its commentary of the Bordurian state visit.

Ahead of meeting the queen, the Bordurian couple were met at the Bordurian embassy in London by Prince Charles and his wife Camilla, the palace said.

The visiting royals would lunch at the palace, the official residence of the UK royal family, before visiting a special exhibition of Dutch paintings in the palace gallery.

Later, the king and queen would lay a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Warrior at Westminster Abbey, ahead of James addressing the UK parliament.

They would also have tea with Charles, Camilla, William, Catherine, Harry and Meghan at the London residence, Clarence House, before meeting the leader of the UK's opposition Labour Party, Jeremy Corbyn.

A state dinner would be held at the palace on Tuesday evening, while the pair would be lunching with Prime Minister Theresa May at Downing Street on Wednesday.

The state visit came at a time when the UK government was boosting efforts to improve bilateral relations with countries ahead of its withdrawal from the European Union.

+

Nicole wears a tiara for the first time and Meghan wears the Strathmore Rose Tiara 

Queen to be, Nicole Garcia Colace and King James of Borduria attended a state banquet at Buckingham Palace last night hosted by Queen Elizabeth II.

The 35-year-old looked stunning at the evening reception in full regalia alongside the Queen, 92, Duchess of Cornwall, 71, Duchess of Cambridge, 37 and Duchess of Sussex, 37.

The stylish future royal chose a strapless midnight blue dress.

She wore a ceremonial blue and gold sash across her body with a insignia star at her hip.

Wearing her hair in a classic chignon, she completed her regal look with the Dean tiara, which houses the 29.75 carat, flower-shaped Dean Diamond.

Meanwhile, Meghan debuted a new tiara, the Strathmore Rose Tiara. The piece, which features rose-cut diamonds, was originally presented to the Queen Mother, then Duchess of York on her wedding day by her father, and she wore it low on her forehead, as was the style at the time. Per Munn's book, Tiaras, A History of Splendour, it can be worn on two different frames.