Chapter Four.

Hearing the door open, Joe and Demi quickly pulled apart. Demi grabbed a blanket to cover herself and turned to the door. Joe glared at Nick. “What the fuck, man!?” Joe fumed.

Nick held his hands up in defense. “Frankie wanted to know what happened to you guys.”

"No I didn’t." Frankie argued, suddenly appearing next to Nick. Nick jumped at the sound of his younger brother’s voice.

"What’s going on up here?" Mrs. Jonas voice rang from downstairs. Everyone’s skin color faded. They all knew what would happen if Mrs. Jonas saw this. Nick quickly sprang into action. "Demi, hide in the closet. Frankie, go into your room and pretend to be a asleep. Joe, put a shirt on." Nick quietly commanded.

"What about you?" Demi asked, standing up and grabbing her tank top off the ground.

"I’ll go in the bathroom. If mom asks, that’s where Demi is." Nick explained. He quickly ran to the bathroom. Demi looked at Joe.

"I don’t know, just get in the closet!" Joe demanded, putting on his shirt. Hearing footsteps approaching Joe’s room, Demi darted for the closet. But, the blanket that she still had wrapped around her was too long. She ended up tripping in front of the closet door, causing a loud thud to echo throughout the house.

Joe’s bedroom door flew open and Nick stood in the doorway. “What happened?” He asked, out of breath.

"The whore here tripped and fell." Joe explained, casually laying on his bed. Demi and Nick glared at him.

"What have we got here?" Everyone froze when Mrs. Jonas entered the room. She eyed Demi, who was still on the ground wrapped in a blanket.

"Well," Nick spoke before he could think of an excuse. Mrs. Jonas looked at him, crossing her arms across her chest. "Demi was…cold. And…Joe…has the best blankets. So…we came up to get a blanket for Demi and she tripped." Nick lied. Mrs. Jonas raised an eyebrow at him.

"You expect me to believe that?" Mrs. Jonas asked. Nick nodded. Mrs. Jonas studied everyone. Joe continued laying in his bed, arms behind his head. Demi was now standing and holding the blanket tight around her body. Mrs. Jonas smiled when she noticed Demi holding onto something white. "What’s this, Demi?" She asked, walking over to her.

"What are you talking about?" Demi asked nervously.

Mrs. Jonas snatched the tank top from Demi’s hands. “This looks an awful like the shirt you were wearing earlier today.”

"That’s mine!" Nick blurted out. Everyone looked over at Nick.

"Honey, I know you’re skin and bones," Mrs. Jonas walked over to Nick and held the tank top in front of Nick’s torso. "But I doubt you can fit in this." Mrs. Jonas said and walked back over to Demi.

Nick quickly started thinking of anything else to explain the tank top. He clapped when an idea came to him and everyone turned to him again. “Demi! I realize why you’re so cold now! Your shirt’s off.” Nick exclaimed, a nervous smile appeared on his face.

"And why is her shirt off, Nicholas?" Mrs. Jonas questioned. Nick’s eyes immediently widened. "Instead of playing Go Fish, were you two playing strip poker?"

Nick snorted. “Yeah because Frankie knows how to do five card draw.” He sarcastically stated. Demi’s eyebrows raised. She was now curious as to why Church Boy Jonas knew about strip poker. First ‘that’s what she said’ jokes and now strip poker, maybe he wasn’t so innocent after all.

"And how do you know?" Mrs. Jonas asked, giving her son a ‘you-got-some-explaining-to-do’ look.

Nick’s eyes were practically popping out of his head now. “Uh…well…umm…” Nick stuttered out while trying to think of a way out of this.