Maybe

(Shoto's POV)

It has already been weeks ever since Shoto got home, he decided that he had to because he was staying at the Midoriyas for more than a week. He didn't receive any kind of warning from his father, but he still decided to go home anyway. He slid open the wooden doors of their classic Japanese home and as he took of his shoes his sister, Fuyumi, came rushing to him.

"Oh Shoto! I've missed you so much." He suddenly came at him with an embrace. This shocked Shoto, Fuyumi seemed to be the scared and distant type, always fussing and being shaky. To be honest, the embrace wasn't just physically warm, it also made him warm inside. "Yeah, I'm home." That statement held a lot of weight, their house might be a guaranteed shelter for them but it never seemed too much of a home until recently, and this was one of the times Shoto considered his house an actual home.

"Where's dad? Why hasn't he called me ever since?" Shoto finally asked, these questions were really racking in his head as he continued his stay at the Midoriyas. He enjoyed his meals while the slow anxiety of what punishment he may receive when he comes back home. There were times he would wake up in cold sweat in the middle of the night as he dreaded what his father might do. Overall, Shoto threaded a tightrope over a cliff.

"He's not here..." Fuyumi said as she looked down and released Shoto from her embrace. "He was called on for work, somehow he was raring to go even when it was the holidays and just went out immediately..." Shoto thought on this for a while wondering what was happening. "Come on Shoto, we can't just stay here. Come in the kitchen and I'll fix you up a meal." Shoto's growling stomach had decided to surface over his thoughts, he missed his sister's cooking and so he dismissed his other previous thoughts and followed quietly yet loyally behind his sister.

Fuyumi worked behind the kitchen counter and Shoto watched at the table as he patiently and obediently, in a flurry of movements she shifted towards the pan the smell of cooking eggs wafted in the air. Afterwards she brought out some onigiri that was probably prepared earlier. In matter of minutes Fuyumi had served her brother onigiri and tamagoyaki. "I had onigiri prepared earlier, I'm sorry you probably wanted from omelette rice..." she stood shyly, twiddling her fingers and looking down.

"Nah, I actually craved this." Shoto remarked as he started eating. Shoveling a tamagoyaki and a bite of onigiri alternately, he ate in silence while Fuyumi brought him water, "I will leave you to your meal then, make sure you rest and tell me if you need anything" she said before leaving him to eat in peace. Shoto continued his meal and enjoyed the peace and the food, he seems to have missed both things he always took for granted. Now he felt ever grateful to his sister who was the pillar and actually keeping their household together, compared to him who only sought escape from his father and his abusive traning.

After eating, Shoto immediately went upstairs to his room to rest. He didn't bother with the dishes this time around, mostly because his sister felt obliged and insisted she did all the housework. Shoto didn't like this at first but his ever growing schedule just ended up with him agreeing and not being able to do as much housework.

He opened the wooden doors of his room, the flooring of tatami felt nostalgic and comfortable. He immediately lay down on his laid futon, it seemed so uncomfortable but Shoto actually found the traditional futon most comforting when sleeping.

Of course his liking for futon and their tatami flooring was developed ever since childhood, their household seemed to uphold the traditional Japanese culture than most other households. The tatami flooring fascinated him as a kid and the futon was his cave of escape as he hid from his father. Overtime he learned to hold on to these little things he liked, holding them dearly and as close as possible to him physically and close to his heart too. Fearing they might also go away, just like his mother. He felt responsible to his mother's leaving, even though he knew it was his father's fault he couldn't help blaming himself over and over again, or as time permitted.

All of these thoughts clouded Shoto's mind as he was just trying to lay down and rest, he was all curled up in his futon, very much like his feelings right at that moment. He reflected on his past actions now too, how he held other people close and the friends he had actually made this year at U.A. The first person who seem to fit in the category was Midoriya, the green-haired boy was an important friend who had gone through a lot with Shoto in the past year, he made him realize that his other quirk half is not his father's but his own.

Shoto then realized all the things he and Midoriya shared, he immediately felt horrible for putting such feelings at bay and felt horrible for Midoriya whom he never considered much. They were actually dating, it was a miracle Midoriya didn't resent him after acting cold and uncaring and barely addressing their problem at hand. He actually found Midoriya extremely admirable and he was like an idol to him ideally. Maybe he should try better on trying to make them work? Perhaps he should date the boy with all his heart, would he be capable of doing that? That question and all the following questions following that same thought were all floating in his head. Shoto finally decided to take a rest for now, so he shut his eyes and let his thoughts roll over to his dreams.

-----------------------------
995 words

Yeppp and I am backk!
So this fic will start returning to the lighter and fluffier side of fanfics, so dont expect and smut or smut teasing.

Thank you so much for the support, I am already past 1.6k reads and that is just amazing. I never imagined getting this far really.
Expect more releases for the following days because it will be a VERY long weekend for me hehe.
-LeastGreatest