16

February 22, 2019

An accident happened. Eane and I are involved in it. It happened right in front of the 7-11 store while we were crossing the road to get on the other side.

This was also our second day of examinations, that's why Eane and I hang out a bit at 7-11. We came there around 12 noon and we saw some grade nine students which I'm close with. I'm close to almost everyone in grade nine and I don't know why. We came at their table and let us sat there to eat our food.

I think we were there for quite a long time and I told Eane that I wanted to go home because I need to feed our pets.

"Aren't you going to stand up already? " Eane asked. I just nodded. She headed outside and waited me at the door. I fixed my stuff then go there.
"Go to this side, we'llbe crossing already. " I said to her. We saw Kuya Joe in the jersey, that's why we stop a bit to say bye but what we didn't expect is that on the opposite direction there is a truck coming and it went for an overtake.

We didn't really expect it until it did hit us.
"Kapatid!" I exclaimeda bit. We were both hit but she was the first one to hit and I was on her side. It did have an impact on me but I was able to stand up before she does. I helped her get up as the truck driver came out and Kuya Joe saw us as he gets out of the jeepney too. Kuya Joe was with Alyssa.

I was so worried at Eane and kept asking her if she was okay. She always replies yes or replies with a nod.

"Are you sure?" Kuya Joe asked.
"You need to go to a hospital." Alyssa said.
"Yes dear. Go for a checkup." Another concerned citizen stopped by, she was on a motorcycle. They stopped just to check up on Eane. Though, we don't know that citizen, we didn't expect that there are still people like her. It made my heart warm.

I took a picture of the truck driver's license and plate number. Then I asked for his number for any reason that can be help. The driver explained himself well but he doesn't accept that he was wrong because Kuya Joe explained to him that he was wrong. That the driver shouldn't be overtaking since the road is small enough and is only fit for the two and he was already in the school zone. That's why we can demand him but Eane didn't want to.

"Why?" I whispered her.
"Because I don't want to start any chaos. " She just replied. I just nodded. I understand. She's always been like that and I respect her decision very well.
"We'll just go home for now." I said to them.
"I'm sorry again okay?" The driver said.
"Are you sure you're fine?" The concerned citizen asked. Eane just nodded.
"You're fine you said hmm? Okay." Alyssa and Kuya Joe asked.

We just waved each other as we get going. I was really worried about her. I started thinking that I'm the one who's in fault for that happening.

"I'm sorry.. " I said. All the way home, all I can say to her is sorry. I keep apologizing to her and she keep saying its fine.

I'm really sorry.

I didn't really expect for that to happened.

I promise that I'll do better for me to be able to protect you.

I won't let anything happen bad to you again.

I keep blaming myself for that happening to you.

I deeply apologize.