Part 4

Jay

Tom- So are you going to explain?

The funeral was now over and we were at the wake, the boys and I sat out of everyone's way so we could talk.

Siva- What you on about Tom?

Tom- Max turned up to the burial late. He said he'd explain later.

Max- There was someone who I didn't recognise.

Jay- So?

Max- I followed them...

Tom- Okay....

Max- They know who killed Nathan.

Siva- So you found out?!

Jay- Keep it down Siva...

Max- They said if they told me they'd be next.

Tom- Did you get a name of this person?

Max shook his head.

Max- I gave them my number in the hope they'd help.

Jay- It's something at least.

Becca- What is?

Max- Nothing, you don't have to worry about it.

Becca- I-Is it about Nathan?

We all went silent. What were we meant to say?

Becca- Tell me. Is it about Nathan? I deserve to know if it is!

Jay- Becca, you don't have to worry about it. We're sorting this okay.

We knew she wasn't going to let this slip.

Becca- If it was the person you loved who had been killed, and I'd found something out... I'd tell you. You promised to look after me. You promised Nathan you'd help me! Keeping secrets isn't helping me.

Max- We can't tell you....

Jay- Once we know more we will...

Becca- I just want to know what's going on.

Jay- And you will in time.

Siva- Anyway, how you coping?

Becca- I buried the love of my life today... How do you think I am?

Siva- Stupid question, sorry.

Becca- No, it's fine.

Becca looked at Tom before walking over and hugging him.

Tom- You just have to trust us...

Becca nodded before turning to the rest of us.

Becca- Mine and Nathan's parents want to talk to you all.

We all walked over to where the four adults were sat.

Jay- Becca told us you wanted to talk to us.

Karen- Yes, we want to thank you for everything you've over the past few weeks. We've all spoken and decided maybe you boys deserve a holiday.

Tom- We don't want to rest until they catch the person who done this. What good are we if we're not close and either you two and Becca need us?

Sharon- We'll make sure you're updated on everything.

Siva- We insist on staying until it's all over. We made a promise to stay and we're keeping that promise.

Karen- You boys were the best thing to happen to him.

Nathan

I watched as my friends got offered a holiday, as they turned it down, but a sob caught my attention, I saw Becca sat crying, no-one was with her, she was alone. I could feel her pain. Her heart was completely broken. I went over to her.

Nathan- Oh baby, I'm so sorry. I should have got that taxi home then none of this would have happened. I never wanted to hurt you. You will move on, you'll have the family we dreamed of with that man, you'll never forget me but it will get easier to cope with over time. You'll grow old and when you leave this place behind we'll meet again. Oh how I long for that day but I know you have more of you life to come. I can't ask for you to leave it just yet. Stay strong my love.

I saw a single tear roll down her cheek, I touched her cheek and she jumped at my touch. She felt me. She was looking right through me. If only she could hear me, see me. Then she'd see I want her to be happy, but she knows that already.

Siva- Becca? You okay?

Becca- I-I thought I felt him touch my cheek...

Siva- You're just wanting him to be here.

Becca- Cos he should be here!

I watched as she got up and left the pub, I obviously followed her. I watched over her all the time. I couldn't not watch her. I watched as she headed home. As she went up to her bedroom. As she shut the door. As she cried.

As far as I can tell people are enjoying this but I can't be sure! S

Comment/Vote

Instagram&&Twitter- MissBeccaClaire :-) x