21 | Narrative

Before Momo could protest, Nayeon already pulled her and dragged her towards Sana's direction.

"Sana!" Nayeon called her as they getting near them.

"Oh, Nayeon eonni." her eyes dropped on their holding hands. She abruptly looked away. Damn. It hurts.

"Didn't know you have a girlfriend." Nayeon glanced at Eunha as they stopped in front of them.

Eunha blushed upon hearing it, Momo just shook her head and Sana's eyes went wide.

"N-no! She's not my girlfriend." Sana stood up as she looked at Eunha, then to Nayeon. "She's uhm, a friend."

"Oooh." Nayeon nods. "Anyway, did Momo told you anything?" she glanced at Momo.

Momo looked at Nayeon with wide eyes.

Sana gave them a tense smile, nervous about what will Nayeon going to say next. "About what?"

Nayeon smiled at her. A smile that looks like an in love fifteen years old girl. "I'm Momo's girlfriend now."

Sana felt her heart sank. She gripped on the table as if it's the only thing that giving her a strength to stood in front of them. She knew this is going to happen but it still hurts hearing it.

Sana beamed, fake. "Oh, really?" she smiled sweetly at them. "You guys look good together. Stay strong." she turned to look at Momo still wearing a smile. "Why you didn't tell your bestfriend about that, huh?" she said as she jokingly and slapped her arm but deep inside, she just want to punch her so bad.

Nayeon laughed at them. "So," she glanced at Eunha. "How 'bout we should hang out together? Like double date?"

Momo looked at Nayeon. "I think they have other plans--"

"Sure!" Sana grabbed Eunha's wrist that made the younger's eyes wide. Momo's jaw clenched. "I'm sure it's gonna be fun. Besides," she looked at Eunha. "I really missed this cutie."

"Perfect!" Nayeon exclaimed. "Let's go to the nearest mall here. It's really beautiful."

Sana and Eunha agreed and they start walking out from the coffe shop while Momo's still sulking beside Nayeon, glaring at Sana's arm linking on Eunha's arm.

They went on a botique and starts looking for good clothes. Nayeon and Eunha are looking for cute t-shirts while Sana's at the perfume area. Momo silently walked towards Sana without everyone noticing.

"Sana," she called her.

Sana looked at her but she looked back at the perfumes with hard expression.

"Are you mad?" Momo asked but Sana's keep on ignoring her. "I'm sorry I lied at you. I'm just waiting for the right time--"

"I'm not mad." Sana faced her. "I'm your bestfriend and you kept a secret from me, of course I'm not mad." she grinned at her sarcastically. "I'm your bestfriend and you lied to me. That won't make me mad."

Momo sighed. "I'm so--"

"Babe!" Momo turned her head and saw Nayeon in front of the fitting room, signaling her to come over there.

Sana snorted. "Babe, huh?" Momo was about to say something when Nayeon called her again.

"Let's talk later," Momo said before she left Sana there.

Sana looked up at the ceiling when she felt tears trying to escape from her eyes. Oh, God. Why am I crying? She wiped the tear from her cheek. She just choose her girlfriend over her bestfriend. She just choose Nayeon eonni over me. Damn it.

"Are you okay?"

She turned her head and saw Eunha looking at her worriedly. She sniffed before she answered her. "Yeah, are you done picking your clothes?"

After Nayeon and Eunha bought clothes, they went next at the arcade. They played many games. They cheered when Sana took a bear from a claw machine and gave it to Eunha.

When they got tired, they went at the ice cream parlor. Nayeon treated them that delighted them.

"Momoring, come here" Nayeon grabbed her chin and wiped the cream beside her lips.

Momo remembered this scene, when Sana's face are so close to hers. But unlike before, her heart's beating normally. She glanced at Sana but the younger's just busy talking with Eunha.

The four took selcas, enjoying their time together. They talked about random things, mostly about popular brands.

Every time Sana's throwing secret glances at Momo, she always see Nayeon showing affection towards Momo. And it hurts Sana to death.

Eunha's busy talking with Sana and all that Sana could do is to nod at her, as if she's listening but she's actually peeking at Momo. But she froze when she saw Nayeon kissed Momo's cheek. No, no, no. Don't cry, Sana. Not here.

Sana excused herself. "I'll just go at restroom." she said and quickly left.

Fortunately, there's no one inside the restroom. It's not a big mall anyway. She looked at her face through the mirror and groaned when she saw tears escaped from her eyes again.

"Damn it," she roughly wipes it. "I so hate you, Momo." she sniffs. "Why is it so easy for you to fall for Nayeon eonni when you just met her but me," she sniffed again. "I'm with you since we're young. And you also like Mina? What are you? A playgirl?"

She bent down her head and cried hard there. I should have told her everything. I should have told her that I really love her, but not as a bestfriend. I should have told her how she makes my heart beat faster every time she's near. But what if she doesn't feel the same way too? She likes Mina, she likes Nayeon eonni. Damn it.

She looked at the door when it opened and Eunha came in. Eunha's eyes went wide when she saw Sana crying. "Why are you crying?"

Sana wiped her tears hastily. "Uh, it's nothing. Just.. family problems."

Eunha walked near her. "It doesn't seem like."

Sana looked at her and smiled. "I'm fine, don't worry--"

"It's not fine to fell in love with your bestfriend who's in a relationship."

Sana's lips parted. "N-no, it's not--"

"You like Momo eonni. No, you love her."

Sana want to protest but her tears keep flowing again.

***

"Let's go home, babe."

Momo looked at Nayeon who's pouting. "Wait, I'll check them." she stood up and went to the restroom.

She was about to push the door that's half open when she heard Eunha's voice.

"I still love you, Sana. Let's get back together."

Momo's body tensed, waiting for Sana's answer, hoping that she'll reject Eunha. But her heart breaks into pieces when Sana answered the otherwise.