Chapter Fourteen: Vytal Signs Dropping

Ruby POV

I shot up in bed, my heart beating a mile a minute. I was in my bed at home in Patch. "How did I get here?" I thought to myself, "Did something happen?"

"Hey, see you're finally awake." I heard come from a corner in my room. In a chair where Y/n used to crawl to after he had a beating when we were young, Uncle Qrow sat with his flask in one hand. His eyes were red and his face showed that he was sad.

"W-what happened? How'd I get here?" I asked, worried what the answer was.

Uncle Qrow sat up slightly, "Don't you remember what happened?" He asked, his voice sounding like it would falter at any moment.

That's when the memories hit.

(Flash to The Fall of Beacon)

I sliced through a Beowolf with Crescent Rose as I ran through the school searching for one person.

That's when I heard it. A scream and gunshot went off a little ways away from me.

I raced toward the sound like I was facing life or death, but this time I was.

I rounded the corner to see Y/n holding the hand cannon he had bought a few weeks ago, but it had changed.

It had an aura of silvery fire around the gun, the flames drawing something from his eyes. The shots he fired left a trail of this silvery fire that hit the Grimm and caused them to melt instantly into a pile of ash.

He fired one last shot from the gun, then dropped it and fell to the ground. The gun reverted back to it's normal look and the flames died.

I ran to Y/n. He was unconscious and his breath was shallow. I opened his eye lids. They had been consumed by the virus in his body.

I stood shakily, stumbling backwards as I watched the body that used to be my brother's.

He was unconscious for now, but when he woke up, he wouldn't be the brother I once loved with every fiber of my being.

I tried to aim Crescent Rose at him, to kill him before he had a chance to wake up and spare him the pain of having to fight me, or at least spare me the pain.

But I couldn't do it. I used my semblance to dart away from him, sobbing as tears stretched across my face.

(Present time)

I began to cry as the memories flooded back in. I had hoped it was a dream, but I wasn't lucky enough for it to be.

Uncle Qrow had walked over to my bed while I was having the flashback. He pulled me into a tight hug, crying into my shoulder. "It's gonna be alright. We'll try to find a way to bring him back, somehow." He sobbed.

I hugged him back, crying harder into his shoulder.

================================

This bit was to set up the next set of events, which will take place from Y/n's, Summer, and Salem's POV. You'll also see more of the history between Mercury and Y/n.

As always....

Goodbye/Goodnight

~ Author,

P.S. I was wrong about getting over it if you know what I mean.