9 - Complacent

Complacent

~ pleased, especially with oneself or one's merits, advantages, situation ~

----------

"So are we going to talk about why you ignored me?" I ask calmly as I close the door to the car.

"Are we going to talk about what my mother said?" She replies with a scowl. I didn't really want to tell her about one of the main reasons we wanted her to join us. I was never going to tell her but her mother had to go and cause trouble.

I turn on the engine after glancing over my shoulder at Angelo who is safely strapped into his car seat. Emma just glares at me and I'm not surprised. I can't imagine what must be going through her head.

It's not bad but it's not great either. We did take her for her safety, which is what we told her, so I never lied to her. I just withheld some information.

"I will tell you later just not now" I replied bluntly. I didn't really want to talk to her about it in the car with Angelo in the back.

"You always say later. You can never give me a straight answer. No wonder I haven't said yes to marrying you yet" she huffs. I hate her being angry at me but I'd rather not that the conversation in a confined space.

"You said you didn't want to marry me yet because it's too soon"

"That's part of it. The other part is that I know nothing about you. Every time we try and talk about something you don't want to, you say later. I'm so fucking sick of it. I don't know what happened almost five years ago. It fucked you up and I guess that's why you don't trust people but stop trying to push me away." She takes a deep Shakey breath before continuing, "its funny. You know everything about me. You know my parents, Hell, they're in the fucking basement. I don't about anyone in your family"

"You want to know about me? Then here is is. My father was a bastard who ran the Italian Mafia, from the age of 8 I was trained to take over. I was beaten by his men to prepare me. I've been stabbed more times than I can count. One day, about 5 years ago, my father lost it and stabbed my mother. He then fucked some stuff up with the Russians all in the same day. In return, to make it up to them, he gave me to them and they tortured me. My scars are a constant reminder of however long I was in there. Santos saved my life, he told me I was gone for a few weeks but it felt like months. I got home and shot my father nine times. I started with his legs then I shot both of his arms then his stomach a few times. I watched him bleed out and I laughed. Just when he was almost dead. I shout him twice in the head. Oh and I have a sister, her name is Martina" I spit the words out at her.

Emma says nothing and I don't expect her to. The way I said it could have been better but she hit a nerve.

My family used to be everything but I've never had a nice childhood. It hurts to talk about to I don't talk about it at all.

"Is that what you wanted to hear?" I ask her - a lot calmer than I was before.

"Yes actually" She smiles at me. Why the fuck is she smiling?

"What?"

"You told me. You're fucking rude but you told me. I know it's not easy to open up but thank you" she smiles so wide that her eyes crease slightly.

"I'm sorry" I whisper.

"I'm sorry too. I didn't meant to pressure you into telling me" I sigh quietly at her response.

"You did mean to pressure me. You were hurt that I didn't tell you and you wanted to hurt me back by making me tell you"

Her silence fills the car and I worry about what she'll say next.

"I'll marry you" She breaks the unbearable quietness.

I instantly stop the car on the road that leads to our house.

"I don't think I heard that" I smirk.

"I want to me Mrs Emma Romano"

"Fuck. That's so sexy" I practically growl. She wants to be my wife and I don't think there is anything sexier. I knew one day I would want to settle down but I never thought it would be whilst I was 25. I had always planned to get married when I was in my thirties. Have a kid or two and then peacefully retire from the Mafia business.

"Ugh I can't wait to have sex again" she groans which makes me laugh.

"Me too amore" I sigh whilst I turn the engine back on. "I'm going to fuck you so good. We're going to make more babies. You won't even be able to walk when I'm done with you"

"Two out of three of those sound good. No more babies please. Well not for now anyways" My heart stops for a second when she tells me no more babies but once I realise she doesn't want any more for a while then I breath again.

I definitely want more children. Angelo is our little angel but I want more little angels running around.

A silence fills the car until Emma starts laughing hysterically. "What?" I question her.

"We're not very good at this whole no swearing thing" She chuckles. The sound makes me smile and so does her comment.

"I wouldn't be surprised if Angelo's first word is fuck" I grin, keeping my eyes on the road.

———
Hey my little babies!

I posted like 4 days ago but I still  missed you guys. Hope you enjoyed this chapter! It was one of my favourite to write and you get a little insight to Luci's past.

Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE

LOVE YA XX