j o s h | t y l e r

josh pov

Tyler and I walk down the brick sidewalk with Brenda and Emma in front of us. They were deep into their own conversation about their family while Tyler and I were mostly quiet. We've been holding hands the entire time.

"Thank you for letting me wear your sweatshirt... and your pants... and your shirt..." I laugh, leaning on his shoulder.

"No problem, babe," He leans over and kisses my nose, "I'll let you wear whatever you want from my wardrobe."

We continue to walk further down the sidewalk. Tyler occasionally kissing my head, once my lips. Soon enough we are waking next to a roller coaster and a big claw looking ride. I have never liked any kind of amusement ride, they just get my anxiety all riled up.

"Josh, are you okay? You seem uneasy, baby."

We turn a corner, practically at the entrance of the amusement park. There's an airbrush booth with two guys in it. One waiting to take requests and the other airbrushing spongebob on a baby onesie.

"I don't really like amusement rides..." I mumble as we turn into the park.

We walk behind Emma and Brenda for a short while, passing all sorts of rides. Emma and Brenda stop at a ticket booth. Tyler and I stand out of line, waiting for them to finish. My mind was racing with these many people around, even though we were only going to play games tonight.

"Well, do you want to start with the arcade or with the games out here?"

We passed a few different carnival style games. None of them looked that easy, but if they did they had cheap stuffed animals for prizes. All I wanted was a little alone time with Tyler.

"Arcade, please."

Tyler turns to Brenda and Emma, whispering something into Brenda's ear. She nods and Tyler turns back to me.

"Let's go, honeybun, they'll meet us in a few." He smiles, leading me back towards the arcade.

We turn around and walk back towards where we came from. We turn left from the entrance and walk a few feet to the arcade. There were quite a few claw machine games and down further were actual games as well.

"Let's get some quarters, shall we?" He smirks, leading me to a change machine that was working.

Tyler pulls out a ten dollar bill out of his wallet and handed it to me, pulling out one for himself as well.

"Do you wanna split up or do you wanna stay with me?"

"Um, I wanna stay with you, please." I shyly say, grabbing the back of his shirt and tugging on it.

"Okay, cutie pie."

We quickly get our change. I put mine in my sweatshirt pocket.

"What kind of games do you like to play?"

"Mind games."

Tyler rolls his eyes and smiles as he takes my hand without a word. I laugh as we begin to walk through the brightly lit and loud arcade room. We walk to a game Crossy Road.

"Ever played this before?" Tyler asks me, stopping in front of the game.

I shake my head, "Not like this. I had it on my phone for a while before I deleted it."

"Were you good?"

"Very. What's your highest score?"

Tyler shrugs, "Like... two hundred fiftyish."

"Mine's four hundred sixty nine." I smirk at him as I put in the four quarters to play the game.

Tyler starts to do the same. I end up being the chicken, while he ends up being the duck.