t h i r d

"Just shut up Skylar! For Christ's sake! I did nothing!

"Well this is your goddamn fault for drinking last night and forcing yourself onto me!"

"What are you talking about?!? I did not do that!"

"I beg to differ..."

Skylar angrily pulls her phone and presses play on her voice memos.

"Just hold still for me slut. Let's be honest, this is what you really want."

"Tyler! Stop! I said no! You're fucking wasted!"

"Just bend over the counter, you don't want me to do it for you."

Tyler tries to decipher what he had said to Skylar. He must've drank a lot the night before because all of his words were severely slurred. But he hears cries, slaps, moans (from him), begging, hushing, and many other things. The recording was 10 minutes long. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. After the recording finished, they both stood quietly in the kitchen. After a few moments Skylar spoke softly.

"Again, this is your fault. I still care for you, but I can't do this anymore. That was past my limits, anyone's limits," she scoffs and waits a few seconds before speaking again, but mainly to herself. "Huh, forcing yourself onto your girlfriend... good going." She starts to head to the door, where most of her things are packed and waiting to be out of the house.

"Skylar," Tyler chokes out, holding back tears. How could he do this? He would never do something like this. It wasn't him. "I-I'm sorry. I never meant it. I-I don't know what to say." He walks over to where she's standing in front of the door.

"You don't have to say anything at all, I'm moving out of this house and living with my friend Lizzy. You're lucky I'm not calling the police, or telling the school. You're still twenty. And being caught drunk after a frat party? That'll do you some good for sure."

Skylar picks up the four duffel bags filled with her clothes, toiletries, and electronics. And stares at Tyler for the last time for who knows how long. Tyler gazes into Skylar's eyes, his heart breaking with every breath he takes. They both hear five small honks of a car, but Tyler doesn't break his gaze.

"That's Lizzy..." Skylar trails off. Looking away from Tyler.

"Mhmm..." Tyler hums. Staring at Skylar's lips. With the duffel bags still in her grasp, she looks back at the person she once trusted so much. Tyler bolts forward and kisses her luscious, red lips. Skylar takes a small gasping breath before she kisses back. A few seconds pass, and Tyler disconnects their lips.

"M'sorry." Tyler murmurs. Skylar reaches for the door knob and opens the door.

"Sorry will not cut it. I have to go, Tyler." Skylar walks out of the door and leaves it open. He shuts the door and looks out the window. Waving goodbye to his now ex-girlfriend. She gives back merely a smile. He watches as she and her friend drive away in Lizzy's black, Toyota Tacoma pickup.

The brown haired boy walks into the kitchen, sits in the middle of the floor and cries.

And cries

And cries

His girlfriend left him, because he got too drunk. And now she's gone, and probably never coming back to him. They had been dating for almost 2 years now. Believe it or not, just under month from now was going to be their 2 year anniversary. He had planned everything for it too.

A dinner date at Olive Garden, a box of chocolates, a big teddy bear he was keeping in the basement... you know, all of the cliché, movie type, mushy gushy stuff.

But none of that mattered now anyways...

He didn't know if he could get his life back in order. She was his life. But now, his life was taken away from him. Tyler had no idea if he could see her tomorrow in class, well, the very few that he did have with her.

Could he get over Skylar?

Could he ever be in another relationship?

At this point, he had no idea.

Tyler ended up falling asleep on his kitchen floor. Thankfully though, he had no classes today, nothing else to worry about today.

This was an awful way to start the week.

Just plain awful