I Know It's Over

I suppose this is the afterlife. Or part of it. I'm in a flower garden. There's a ten year old holding a shovel hovering over me.

"Hello."

"Hey." I greet her. I'd thought this was the afterlife, but apparently not, I'm not really sure what this is. I'm confused.

"I'm sending you back. There's more left for you. More I still need you to do."

"What?"

"You're dead Klaus. I'm going to revive you and send you back to the world of the living."

"Oh." I as sad that I didn't get to live in eternal peace. It was probably over rated anyway. Besides, who wants to live in eternal peace anyway?

And what good is a guy who can talk to the dead if he's dead? Now I see why she would want to send me back there. Not that I want to go back though.

I'm finally dead, she can't do this to me.

"I'm god, I can do anything. Including read your thoughts. It's not negotiable. I'm sending you back."

I opened my eyes, feeling groggy. Diego was hovering over me crying. I felt a few of his tears fall on my face. He look sad. Was he....grieving? I'd never thought that any of them would actually be sad that I died. I was always the annoying one, the one who nobody cared about. They didn't even notice when Hazel and Cha Cha kidnapped me. But now it seems like they actually care about me. Then suddenly Diego looked surprised, he jumped back.

"Guess who's back from the dead guys?" I said cheerily. It was nothing, I'd been closer to death before.

"What the fuck?! How are you alive?"

"How are you alive smart ass?"

Even Five looked shocked that I was back. And he'd apparently already seen the future.

"I checked your pulse, you were dead just a second ago!" Allison yelled.

"Well that prick you guys call God decided that she didn't like me much and sent me back."

Luther sighed. "It's okay guys, just Klaus being Klaus again."

"I'm being serious!"

"Save it Klaus, we have a world to go save. We don't have time for this."

They all went back into Five's van. I could see the dead bodies of Hazel and Cha Cha lying nearby.

"Hey! Wait up!" I ran and hoped into the back of the van. I could see Allison still had a few tears in her eyes.

"Were you guys really upset that I died?" I said, trying to sound more sincere than usual.

Allison punched my arm playfully.

"Of course we were dumbass! You're part of the family!" She said wiping her tears away.

Five started to drive away from the shitty hotel. For once I was actually feeling quite good about myself. The others actually cared about me. I almost couldn't believe it despite the fact that Allison just said it right to my face. I was shocked that they actually gave a fuck about me. I thought that Dave was the only one who cared, but I guess now I have a loving family and a loving boyfriend. I look over at Dave.

"Are you okay?" He seemed a little shaken after my death. I wonder if something is wrong.

"I don't know. I just wish you'd told me more about you. I'm suddenly finding out so much of your life. Why would you try to hide all this from me?"

"I didn't know how you would react. I was scared I was going to lose you."

"You did lose me."

"But now I have you back again."

"Not exactly. You have to come to terms with it Klaus, I'm dead."

"Don't say that!"

"I'm dead."

"I know! Okay? I know. I watched you die, I held you in my arms while you took your last breath. Do you know how hard that's been for me?"

"I know Klaus. I just want you to have a good life."

"My life is nothing without you."

"Yes it is. Since when did you need some dumb boyfriend in order to go out there and live?"

"Since you."

"Don't say that."

"I love you Dave."

"I know you love me."

"You're the only one I'll ever love."

"No I'm not. I'm dead."

"I don't wanna get over it!" I lashed out at him without meaning to. Did he really think that I didn't know he was dead? I knew I needed to get over it, I'm trying to get over it. He knows how much I love him, but he's still trying to make me get over it. I know that he doesn't want me to spend my life grieving over him, but maybe that is what I want to do with the rest of my life. I love him. I love him too much.

We're both silent now, I don't want to tell him I'm sorry because I'm not sorry and I'm waiting for him to say it. The others are all looking at me weirdly. Probably because I'm talking to someone who technically isn't there.

"Who was that?" Luther asks. He's probably curious as to whether or not it was Ben to see if I'm a incest sibling too. Obviously not.

"It was Dave."

"Are you okay?" Allison asks, putting a gentle hand on my shoulder.

"Just boy troubles."

"Boy troubles with a dead guy?" Luther scoffs. Allison glares at him for being so insensitive.

"I love him."

"I know. And sometimes loving hurts. Do you want to tell me what happened?" Allison asks in a quite and reassuring voice.

I'm almost tempted to cry on her shoulder.

"He wants me to get over it. To keep living my life without him. But my life is nothing without Dave. I can't get over his death."

"At least you can see him again."

"He doesn't want me spending all my time with a dead guy."

"Some guys just want to break your heart Klaus. Trust me on that one."

"I watched him die. It was awful. It was almost worse than any of the experiments dad did on me." I shiver at the memory of everything dad had done to me as a child.

"Did you ever think you could be better of without him?"

"No."

"Then you were probably meant to be with him."