fourteen

BRISTOL NEELY

------------------------------------

"WHAT DID I TELL YOU!"

John growled, as his hand were above my head. To say the least, I was a shaking mess, terrified of what he was going to do.

"I-I'm sorry."I whispered, and he slammed his hands into the wall, making me yelp.

"I told you to stay away from him!"He yelled, and continued to slam his hands beside my head.

"John please!"I pleaded, sliding down on the wall, and he continued.

"Bristol!"He yells, with everything starting to fade, "Bristol!"

"Bristol!"My eyes snap open, finding my lights on in my Anaheim California hotel room, with Jake right in front of me.

I looked around the room finding Jake, Charlie, Brad, Patrice, and Torey in my room, looking at me worried.

"What happened?"Jake asked, wrapping me in a hug, and I broke out into sobs.

"H-He--" I couldn't get any words out without me breaking out into sobs.

"Your ok Bris."He whispered every once and awhile, until I stopped sobbing.

We stay like this for awhile, and I felt something I haven't felt in a very long time. I felt safe.

I felt so safe in Jake's arms it wasn't funny. It had been years since I had felt this way, and I liked it. Maybe this was trying to tell me something. Maybe Jake was the one. But it was way too soon, and I didn't want to get back into a relationship, or hell even get burned again.

"What happened Bris?"Torey asks, breaking the silence, and I sniff, looking up at the guys, "A really bad nightmare."

My voice was at a whisper, and I had chills up and down my arms. I could still feel John's hands on me, and I could still hear his voice. He threatened to do something to me before he was dragged off, and out of my apartment. I was horrified to say the least, I might have been drowsy when they dragged him out, but I know what I heard, and so did everyone else.

"Do you want one of us to stay with you?"Patrice asked, and before I could even get a word out of my mouth, Jake spoke up, "I'll stay with her."

"Jake--"Charlie cut me off with a shake of his head, "Bristol you look petrified, and if anyone should stay with you, it should be Jake. Please let him stay with you."

"Fine."I gave in, and they all nodded, saying goodnight before leaving my hotel room, leaving Jake and I alone.

"Do you want to talk about it?"He questioned, and I shook my head with a hard swallow, "We need to go back to bed, we both have to be at the rink early tomorrow."

Jake nodded, before the two of us crawled into my bed, and his arms wrapped around my waist. I felt comfortable, and it felt normal for the two of us the way our bodies melted together.

My eyes started to close, and Jakes head was on my shoulder, with his eyes closed.

"Goodnight Ms.Neely."

"Goodnight Mr.DeBrusk."