Together >>Niall Centric (Part 2)

-Part 2 Of Alone or where Niall starts his treatment.

The first Chemo appointment was scheduled on a concert date. Nobody but Niall cared about this fact. Everyone was focused on getting him better, on getting him to heal and hopefully expelling the tumor from his lungs.

Niall was destroyed. All he could think about was how he had let the fans down, how they would never forgive him. He thought about what this chemo would do to him, what people would think. What he would think of himself after this. He thought about the hair loss and the weakness and the million other side effects he was not looking forward to. He hated the fact that he would need help from here on out.

Niall was so stuck in his thoughts that even the nausea that came over him was pushed aside as his aversion to his treatment. It wasn't until he felt bile rising in his throat that he realized how shitty he felt. It was the poison they were pumping into him already taking effect.

He looked over to his side where the boys were all sitting against the wall. He stretched his hand out quickly. Gasping out, "Bucket!" Just in time as Liam quickly grabbed it and handed it over. Niall gripped the tiny can with white knuckles as he let out everything he had eaten in the past few hours. Liam gently stroked his back until he was finished. Niall slumped back and looked forward miserably as Harry took the bucket out of his hands. "Thank you." He mumbled.

"Don't worry, the nurse said it's normal. She said she would be worried if you weren't sick after it." Louis tried to remind them all. The boys all nodded and gave Niall tight smiles but he just stared at the wall in front of him. He couldn't stop his mind from racing, he tried really really hard, but he just couldn't. He just never saw himself being where he was today. He was sitting weakly in a hospital bed, fresh from chemo with his best friends by his side. He was eternally grateful for the last part, but his brain kept reminding him that he might not have eternity-he might not even have next week.

"Niall?" Zayn grabbed Niall's hand gently, cradling it in his own as he tried to get the blondes attention. "Are you alright?" He wondered as he watched the faraway look in his eyes slowly disappear. Niall finally came back to reality and turned to look at Zayn. He could see the look of worry in Zayn's eyes mirrored in the other three as well.

He wanted to let them know that he was okay, or he was going to be okay with any outcome for them. That they didn't need to worry, that they shouldn't ruin their lives for him, that they should just come to terms with what was happening. Just like he had to. He wanted to reassure them that no matter what, he loved them.

He didn't know how to put this into words but he knew he would eventually. Instead, he just reached out a hand towards them and gasped out, "Bucket!" Before he was violently sick again.

------------------------------------

Life with cancer changed everything. Niall was no longer in charge of many things that involved himself.

His career for one. It was basically on hold with no one asking him if that was what he wanted. When he found out that their tour was on hold because of him, he freaked out.

He knew he was throwing a fit but he couldn't stop himself. Most of the time he was stuck inside, he was feeling cooped up and it was really only a matter of time before something like this happened. He couldn't go outside with all the fans surrounding him, his lungs really couldn't handle it anymore. If he were to have a panic attack, then he might not live to see the end of it. That's how it felt to live with all these rules, but it was a precaution that all the boys put in place. It didn't stop Niall from feeling like a prisoner though.

"You guys cannot put the tour on hold! Are you just plain stupid or are you completely giving up on your dreams now?" Niall screamed at the boys, this had been going on for about an hour. He kicked the table that was closest to him and clenched his teeth together in anger. They weren't hearing him.