Chapter 16

"What?"

"I didn't say anything."

"Yeah, whatever."

"I didn't! Zayn, what is your problem?"

"You tell me."

"Tell you what?"

"You know what!"

"I haven't done anything!"

"yeah…sure. What was that back there then?"

"Back where?"

"In the house!" Zayn shouted angrily, his feet splashing in the water. I rolled up my leggings and stuck my feet in as well, the cold water making me shudder. "You mean with me and Liam?" "Yeah." "Nothing happening…he was trying to soak me." I said. "Whatever." Zayn muttered, standing up and rolling his jeans back down. "Zayn wait!" I screamed. He quickened his pace and slipped through the open gate round to the front of the house. I vaulted it and ran after him into the park opposite.

"Are you following me!" He shouted. "No, I just want to know what's wrong!" I said, exhausted from running. "You want to know?" He asked. "Yes!" "Fine then I'll tell you! From the moment I met you, I knew you were something special! Your laugh, the way you smile, the cute way you had to keep looking in the mirror to check if you looked okay when we met up. You even had to keep pinching yourself to see if you were really with me! I thought you might of felt the same way, but then I saw you with Liam-" He took a short gasp of breath inwards and quickly stopped talking. "I've said too much!" he muttered, running towards the entrance to the park. I couldn't move or speak. Had this really just happened?

Before I knew it the rain had started to fall. Tiny droplets ran down my face, drenching my hair and clothes. The sky slowly started to darken and my soaked skirt wasn't nearly warm enough for the cold chill that had filled the air. "Julia? Julia!" A voice shouted. "Julia, oh god, Julia! What are you doing, you're soaked!" Suddenly some tanned arms wrapped around my legs and back and lifted me from the swing where I was sat. "Zayn..?" I asked; my voice chocked. His face was centimetres from mine. "Yes?" he whispered.